Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Executive Chef will oversee and manage the food production for multi-service food operation.Reporting to the District Manager of Compass Group Canada, the Executive Chef will,
- Be involved in all phases of culinary operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting as well as menu-planning, staffing, scheduling, client and customer relationship building.
- Maintain proper inventory levels and handle all catering requests.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports, cost menus, make schedules, and perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Consistently maintain high standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavour of foods.
- Assist the Food & Beverage in hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relations’ issues.
- Participate in client meetings with the Manager, Food & Beverage to address questions related to food services issues and to ensure that good client relationships and satisfactions are maintained..
- Manage 20-30 associates under direct supervision.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program as well as Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
*This facility operates 7 days/week and will require weekend work.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- 3-5 years + experience in a relevant cuisine environment
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to manage food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and develop new products/lines
- Experience in managing a large team
- Strong motivator, mentor and leader
- Very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Red Seal culinary certificate or equivalent
- Experience working in hotels, museums, high end restaurants will be an asset
- Experience working with start-up operations will be an asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.