Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Supervisor, Food Services - Winnipeg
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Supervisor, Food Services
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- We currently have an opportunity available for a Supervisor to provide support in managing our retail food service operations at the St-Boniface General Hospital in Winnipeg.
- The Supervisor looks after the day to day operation of the front of the house: customer-service levels, client-relations, product availability, marketing and compliance.
- This includes a variety of retail food outlets including, On the Go, Coyote Jack’s and Café Oasis (located in the Atrium), ensuring optimum flow-through and product merchandising with a focus on customer-service.
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Supervisor is focussed on executing and maintaining standards of quality and consistency, inventory control, planning etc.
- Meeting budgeted numbers, growing sales and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Implementation of retail and marketing programs in the respective areas (such as the cafeteria and branded retail concepts)
- Accountable for staffing, scheduling, payroll, client and customer relationship building
- Ensure adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs
- Develop, implement and track unit-level marketing plans and innovation matrixes, to track sales and satisfaction targets. Create site specific marketing plans, in cooperation with the Food Service Director and the Regional Marketing Manager, and have a hands-on approach to executing them
- Create excitement around available marketing programs and promotions with operations; motivate and train associates on products and upselling
- Drive and manage the units Online Presence - Ensure currency, validity, and effectiveness of consumer-based communication including, website, social media, new technology, and digital screens
- Marketing Plans include: Program/Station enhancements, catering improvements, reorganization of stations to improve flow, proper product placement, implementation of internal/external brands, renovations (small and large scale), recommended training to improve audit scores
- Provide research and analysis on market and account trends to identify opportunities to grow sales
- Share best practices by identifying successes and barriers to enhance the quality of programs offered
- Ensures the menu planning, use of standardized recipes, and waste and production sheets are in place
- Monitors and evaluates meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food handling process.
- This position reports to the Food Service Director and will supervise approx. 25 unionized associates.
- This position requires weekend shifts on a regular basis
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3+ years related supervisory experience in a fast-paced, food service/QSR or branded retail food service setting
- Superior communications skills with the ability to communicate and function successfully across all organizational levels and clients
- Passion for customer service
- Proven management skills - a strong motivator, mentor, leader and coach
- Retail experience and marketing knowledge - Brand standards, Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, etc.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Good knowledge of merchandising and food trends with a focus on quality and presentation
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proficiency with computers (MS Office - Excel, Word, etc.), knowledge of POS systems and basic accounting
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Must be flexible and able to accommodate weekend and occasional evening shifts
- Supervisory experience with Tim Horton's
- Post secondary education (Degree of Diploma) in culinary or hospitality management
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) - will complete AFST within 90 days of hire.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.