Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Human Resources Generalist
||Richmond Corporate Office
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
|Position: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Richmond, BC
Overview: Working day-to-day with the Human Resources Team and reporting to the Human Resources Director, this role will be called upon to assist in areas governing a wide range of Human Resources issues including employee and labour relations.
The role requires a highly motivated energetic individual who will collaborate with Line of Business clients and Human Resources partners to successfully provide HR support across all sectors in Western Canada.
- You will work closely with HR Management to coach and advise line management and associates on all HR issues including but not limited to employee relations, labour relations, recruitment, HR orientation, training, health and safety and performance management.
- You will work closely with Payroll and Benefits department to address any benefits and compensation issues
- You will provide guidance and assist in preparing hire, disciplinary and termination letters.
- You will assist with the interpretation of Compass Group Canada policies and procedures. There will also be involvement in special projects and events including but not limited to orientations, training, job fairs, etc.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible in undertaking major projects such as our Engagement Surveys and Site Temperature Checks
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or related field strongly preferred
- CHRP designation or working towards the designation preferred
- Three to five years of HR experience, with minimum of least one solid year handling employee relations issues, investigations or grievances
- Labour Relations and collective agreement exposure and/or experience working in a unionized environment is a strong asset
- Strong working knowledge of current legislation in:
o Employment Standard Act
o Human Rights Act
o Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily adaptable to change work priorities at any time
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.