Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: General Manager (Sheridan College)
Location: Oakville, ON
- We are currently seeking a General Manager to be assigned to work at our food service operations located at the Sheridan College.
- You will report to the District Manager and supervise over 80 non-unionized associates in a multi-unit food service operation.
- Ensure a seamless operation of various day to day food service functions are consistently run in an exemplary fashion.
- Work with operation chefs in menu planning and development.
- Responsible in unit hiring, employee training, associate supervising, staff scheduling and resolving employee/labour relation issues.
- Responsible in operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing, P/L, and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Ensure high level of client relations is maintained.
- Cultivated regular meetings with college/university client and student representatives on our food service programs and ensure they are satisfied with the service and menu options we provide.
- Collaborate with Marketing department to implement new marketing strategies and programs in campus.
- Work closely with Branding department to ensure both internal and external brands are complied to stipulated policies and procedures.
- Sustain retail sales growth and profit and strive to exceed targeted sales quota.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education plus a minimum of 5 years related management experience in a food service school setting environment
- Experience managing both Front of the House and Back of the House food service operations
- Strong retail merchandising and marketing experience
- Possess superior leadership qualities, multi-tasking skills and the ability to harmonize good team work
- Proven management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Creative thinker
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience in operating residence dining within campus settings
- Experience working with external brands of Tim Hortons, Second Cup and Starbucks is essential
- Experience in facilitating and project managing renovation and/or new unit opening in food service operation
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.