Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Food and Beverage (Conference Services)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Manager, Food and Beverage (Conference Services)
Location: Chatham, ON
- Join us at the new Chatham-Kent Convention Centre, (http://ckcc.ca/) in a new position as Manager, Food and Beverage (Conference Services).
- This role will focus on managing the front of house F&B operations for conferences and events including Portering and Cleaning staff
- The Manager reports to the General Manager and workes closley with the Events Manager and Executive Chef
- This is an event-driven facility and requires evenings and weekend shifts.
With a 'Can-Do' attitude and 'Passion for Excellence', the Manager Food and Beverage is responsible for:
- Managing the front of house F&B operations for conferences and events in convention and meeting room space
- Attend and manage each event as appropriate
- Coordinating Service, Portering and Cleaning staff as appropriate for each events
- Work closely with the Event Manager and Executive Chef to ensure suitable preparation and client requirements are taken care for each event
- Ensure appropriate scheduling and staffing-levels for services, set-ups, preparation and room cleaning
- Inventory control (liquor, linen, small-wares etc.) and ordering
- Set up and take down of functions up to 1800 people
- End of night/event sales and cash reconciliations, banquet invoicing etc.
- Ensure safety and security of patrons through enforcement of building policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great attitude!
- 3-5 years related supervisory food service experience in fast-paced Conference & Conventions
- Proven supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Solid attention to details
- Highly organized with proven ability to manage (simultaneous) multiple events
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Hard working team-player with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a part of a 3 person team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours, on a rotating schedule.
- Smart Serve certification (required within 30 days of starting)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.