Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Manager (Bilingual)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Food Service Manager (Bilingual)
Location: Ottawa, Quebec
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Responsible for meeting budgets and growing sales.
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas such as the Cafeteria, Catering services and Branded Concepts programs.
- Accountable for menu planning, staffing, scheduling, payroll, client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs.
- Ensure strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Oversee labour relations process for unionized accounts as applicable by interacting with labour representatives, administering fair policy and procedures.
- Representing Compass with HR Representative(s) during negotiations and approving contract.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Food and supply ordering
- Weekly food, paper / supply and chemical inventory
- Ensure proper invoice control, receiving product
- Associate scheduling as per budgeted labour hours
- Maintains standards for sanitation and food handling in all areas
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly and contacts appropriate repair contractors when necessary
- Ensure standards are maintained for menu presentation and portioning
- Communicates as required with General Manager and any other support members
- Take and serve customer’s orders, during peak periods, as required
- Cashiering duties during peak periods, as required
- May be required to open or close the unit depending on shift schedule
- Ensure that unit is always manned and supplies are fully stocked
- Request for training from head office / support teams as needed
- Daily / weekly / monthly cleaning schedules to be completed and documented
- Customer Service / Associate Leadership:
- Provides superior example to associates for customer service
- Train and coach associates on your team
- Acknowledge and award top performing associates
- Responds immediately and professionally to all customer service issues
- Ensure all national and regional customer service programs are implemented
- Provide development plans to associates as required
- Annual performance reviews completed with direct reports
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Must be Bilingual - fluent in both French and English (verbal and written)
- 3-5 years related management or supervisory experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Passion for food industry, with strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate and function successfully across all organizational levels
- Experience with food production for catering functions is an asset
- Strong management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.