Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Safety, Health & Environmental Coordinator
||Eurest Services [Facilities Management]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: Safety, Health & Environmental Coordinator
Location: Nanticoke, Ontario
Reports to: Facility Manager
- The Safety, Health & Environmental Coordinator performs a hands-on role by providing guidance and technical support to the client portfolio of the site as well as administer site specific requirements of the MFS Risk Management Program, in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- As a member of this team, you will support facilities and project work by monitoring contractor’s compliance to HSE programs and policies.
- Support the Site Facility Manager in meeting the SH&E requirements outlined in the ‘High profile client’ Contract Statement of Work and Compass Group Corporate Requirements.
- Consult with Facility Manager to ensure site SH&E programs align with client strategic directions.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Safety Program(s). Support the development, implementation and compliance with regional safety policies and programs to ensure compliance.
- Provide required monthly reports to management, identify trends, recommend initiatives to reduce incidents and mitigate losses to the organization.
- Conduct internal audits/ inspections and communicate findings to ensure facilities are audit ready.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the Risk Management Program. Lead teams where applicable and act as a resource/ support to their local facilities.
- Main safety contact for all persons carrying out work in a facility.
- Ensure that contractors work within the jurisdiction of their respective Provincial Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Act abide by all facility OHS practices and procedures.
- Conduct random and scheduled site visits. Advise contractors of the presence of designated substances and other facility hazards to coordinate the completion of hazard managements plans as required.
- Ensure that contractor’s file relevant notices and permits. Provide OHS orientations as required.
- Coordinate OHS education programs for the protection, improvement and maintenance of employees’ health and safety.
- Support Maintenance Team Leaders and Managers by participating in investigation processes and support the implementation of follow-up action plans.
- Coordinate communication of work activities with clients and contract service providers as required. Provides superior customer service to the client.
- Support the OHS teams, Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) and where possible is a certified member of the JHSC.
- Is a contributing member of the Safety and Risk Management Team.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Completion of a formal OH&S related College or University certification
- 3 to 5 years work experience in OH&S Environment.
- Knowledge of safety system audits and management.
- 2 to 5 years experience in construction and project site safety management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or knowledge in WHMIS, WCB act / legislation.
- Good knowledge of risk management principles or other OHS related training.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, is action oriented, and is results driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Construction Safety Professional Preferred.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.