Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Director of Hospitality and Support Services
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
||Position: Director of Hospitality and Support Services
Location: Lacombe, Alberta Canada
Reports to: District Manager
Overview: We are seeking a talented and dedicated individual who is as passionate about providing great dining and environmental management services at a campus style community. The location is multi-faceted, poised for growth and expansion. Our client is progressive, entrepreneurial and plays to win demanding an exceptional level of service. We are actively looking for Director of Hospitality and Support Services who wants to be part of our exciting and dynamic team. The Director will have 1-3 supervisor’s reporting to them and will be responsible for approximately 25 staff. Being a preferred employer, we retain the finest employees, set the highest standard for personal advancement, and focus our talents on one main goal - customer satisfaction.
To achieve our goals we need a person who can concentrate on employee and customer satisfaction and are driven by their “can-do” attitude. Exceptional communication skills are mandatory. This position is responsible to supervise and manage the staff and operations to ensure quality standards are met, exceeded and maintained in all areas including administration, staffing/scheduling, client/customer relations, production and knowledge of senior living systems for all aspects of the dining, housekeeping, and laundry services.
- Ensuring all quality controls are met for every product served to Residents and Guests.
- Ordering of all products in accordance with Compass Groups buying specifications.
- Maintaining inventory control and reporting as per Compass Group fiscal schedule.
- Recruiting, hiring, orientation, appraising, coaching and discipline of all support service staff, in consultation with the HR Department, in accordance with Company and Government standards.
- Building and maintaining a strong Support Service Team.
- Implementation and control of a Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHIMIS, and all WCB regulations for a safe work place.
- Liaising with the on-site client as required and / or as requested.
- Train Support Service staff in daily duties as well as proper safety procedures as set by the client, company and Government regulations.
- Attend and be part of meetings as requested by client.
- Attend and be part of Resident Council as requested by the client.
- Ensure resident satisfaction through surveys, meal rounds and regular communication.
- Training and regular performance evaluations of all Support Service Staff.
- Maintain orderly and complete administrative and personnel files.
- Complete payroll, period summaries and sales reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attend functions, training seminars, and meetings as requested by the Company and/or client.
- Prepare menus for daily service as well as special functions.
- Maintain appropriate budgetary and cost controls.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery.
- Work with the Recreation department, to develop and assist in the implementation of special events.
- The Director must ensure the nutritional and therapeutic requirements of the residents are met through menu planning, the development of standardized recipes, use production sheets and any menu software programs.
- Monitoring and evaluating meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks.
- Facilitating ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the health care unit including administration, nursing, residents and their families.
- Develop and implement the process of a cleaning schedule for the food services departments, including maintenance and cleaning of kitchen equipment, general cleaning of the dining room and kitchen.
- Implement a good rotation policy for all food and paper products.
- Implement and control all cleaning schedules for the departments.
- Design and chair regular training in-services and staff meetings with the Support Services Team.
- Ensure site uniform policy is met
- Implement and manage the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits.
- Ensure infection control procedures are utilized.
- Ensure occupational health and safety policies and procedures are followed and committee meetings are conducted.
- Provide regular operations reports to the District Manager.
- Liaise with Executive Chef as needed.
- Oversee any retail, guest meals and catering programs at the site.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A minimum of five years + Healthcare Management experience and directing a team in a related field.
- Good standing in all required qualifications as stipulated by the client and Compass Group Canada.
- Prior experience in dining, housekeeping and facilities management.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Intermediate level of expertise with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients and customers.
- Strong problem solving, organization and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities.
- Positive energetic personality.
- Prior experience in opening new assisted living sites would be a major asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.