Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef (Back of House) Manager, Winnipeg
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Chef (Back of House) Manager
Location: Winnipeg, MB
- We currently have an opportunity available for a dynamic, energetic Chef to manager the back of house production in our kitchen operations at the St. Boniface General Hospital in Winnipeg.
- The Chef oversees and manages the food production for the main service area, catering and a variety of retail food outlets including, On the Go featuring Tim Horton's, Coyote Jack’s and Café Oasis (located in the Atrium) and is dedicated to providing a variety of menus with healthy options.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef is responsible for the retail kitchen operations in this hospital and is responsible for the financial success of the busy kitchen operations.
- Executing and maintaining standards of consistency and quality
- The Chef oversees multiple food service outlets, including popular brands such as On the Go and Coyote Jack’s and ensures adherence to the program and production of a commissary style operation. .
- The Chef works closely with the Food Service Director and is directly involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, costing and development and cost controls. food costing, staff scheduling and managing labour cost, food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Monitors and evaluates meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity.
- General staffing-related management, hiring, training, coaching, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
- This position reports to the Food Service Director and will supervise approx. 30 unionized associates.
- Core working hours are Monday to Friday with rotating weekend shifts
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2 to 5 years related culinary management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Passion for food and hands-on approach to managing the culinary team.
- Superior client relationship and passion for customer service
- Previous experience menu-planning and developing recipes
- Proven management skills with a large team with diverse skill sets
- Strong motivator, mentor, leader and coach
- Retail experience and marketing knowledge - Brand standards, Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, etc.
- Hard-working team player
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Solid computer skills (MS Office, Word and Excel) and knowledge of POS systems
- Post secondary education (Degree of Diploma) in culinary or hospitality management
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) - will complete AFST within 90 days of hire.
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Red Seal
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.