Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Chef (10 Month Contract)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Chef – Working Chef (10 Month Contract)
Location: Boyle, Alberta and Conklin, Alberta
Job Rotation: 21 days on, 7 days off
The purpose of this job is to be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all production for daily menus, catering services and banquets.
- Designs and develops the menus as necessary
- Develops and monitors all kitchen budgets
- Responsible to control food, purchasing and inventory costs as budgeted.
- Supervises and supports associates in their daily job responsibilities and ensures their continued growth through ongoing training and development.
- Ensures that the Company’s policies and procedures for hygiene and food safety, quality assurance, human resources and occupational health and safety are applied
- Ensures good relations with the establishment’s management and customers while ensuring their complete satisfaction.
- Maintains superior product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action when required.
- Inspects kitchen equipment and appliances for needed repairs or maintenance and follows up to ensure that all required maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Supervises kitchen staff in all units on a daily basis to ensure that all Company policies are followed, quality standards are maintained and that all budgeted figures are met or exceeded on a monthly basis. Fully responsible for managing SMART Program.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a High School Degree, plus an associated food culinary certificate, diploma or degree or food services management training. Three to 5 years experience in fine cuisine; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Recent experience as an executive chef or as a sous chef. Broad and thorough knowledge of food and cooking techniques; good managerial skills and basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be creative and strive to provide good customer service and constantly seek to excel in what you do.
- Must be professional, reliable and able to maintain high standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Professional diploma or food services management training.
- Must complete Advanced Food Safety Training within 6 months of assuming the role.
- Must have Red Seal.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.