Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Ottawa, Montreal or Halifax
||Finance and Accounting
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Internal Auditor
Location: Ottawa, Montreal or Halifax
- We are currently seeking an Internal Auditor to work with the Auditing team within the Finance and Accounting Department.
- The Auditing team has four team members.
- This position can be based in Mississauga, Ottawa, Montreal or Halifax area and will report to the Department Head of the Auditing team
- Travel is required 15% of the time
- Prepare and conduct internal company audits to our operating units located in Eastern Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces
- Responsible for accessing the operating units and ensuring that they are functioning efficiently and effectively
- Make certain that unit financial related data are reported accurately to the head offices from the operations
- Provide feedback to unit operators after an audit is performed
- Complete and distribute comprehensive reports to units and head office promptly
- Follow-up on any unresolved issues, provide appropriate training and support to operators
- Communicate regularly with District Managers and Food Service Directors
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or five years of work experience in company exposed to internal controls and audits
- Food Service Industry experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Diligent with sense of urgency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills: concise and root cause oriented that clarify and compel correction
- Strong constitution; ability to retain independence
- Inquisitive, detail oriented as it applies to larger and systemic issues
- Self-motivated, well-organized and a team player
- Have a desire for compliance and process improvements
- Drive improvement and success in a very busy and complex work environment
- Adapt to schedule changes and able to reprioritize tasks when such circumstances arise
- Some overnight travel is required occasionally
- Own vehicle is required
- Bilingual in French and English
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.