Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
||(Enter Unit info here)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Position: Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Location: Mississauga, ON
This is an exciting career opportunity with a large, dynamic organization that is geared toward a professional in Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, or toward an HR Generalist with some experience in the field (and strong interest).
Accountable to develop and maintain Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion programs and compliance with all applicable legislation and federal and provincial program requirements.
- Promote employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Consult with the Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion community and apply leading edge practices.
- Provide expert advice to hiring managers on all aspects of employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Establish and promote hiring targets in the four prime areas and ensure that diversity in the broader community is mirrored in the organization.
- Ensure that employment systems are fair and inclusive, coordinate Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committees.
- Ensure compliance with the Federal Contractors Program, Employment Equity Act, Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Code.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection, recording, analysis and reporting of data to ensure compliance and readiness for periodic audits.
- Consult with the organization on new initiatives and coordinate activity with the Director, Employment Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with representatives of organizations representing the aboriginal population, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
- Provide expert advice to managers on pursuing employment equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Degree or diploma in HR, business or social sciences (preferred).
- 3-5 years experience managing employment equity and diversity and inclusion functions, OR HR Generalist with strong interest in employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Strong computer skills with experience in database management, Human Resource Information systems and applying electronic tools to the employment equity data process.
- Strong consulting and relationship building ability, facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.