Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Accountant, Foodbuy and Purchasing
||Finance and Accounting
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Accountant, Foodbuy and Purchasing
Location: London, ON
- We are currently seeking an Accountant to support our Purchasing and Foodbuy teams.
- This position is located in London, ON and will report to the Controller, Purchasing and Foodbuy.
- Support the Purchasing and Foodbuy teams by providing timely, insightful and relevant analysis.
- Assist in the review and analysis of actual results, forecasting and annual budgets for the department.
- Month end closing duties that include accrual analysis, revenue recognition, GL reconciliations, variance analysis and sector revenue allocations
- Assist in the management and collections of the Purchasing Accounts Receivables
- Assist in internal audit reviews
- Assist with Sector and Foodbuy specific queries and analysis
- Review purchasing contracts to ensure terms are properly set up in the accounting system
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Currently enrolled in accounting designation program with a post secondary degree/diploma in Accounting.
- Solid knowledge of business and financial processes.
- A minimum of three years experience in a computerized accounting environment.
- Proficient with PC operations (Windows, MS Office including Excel and Word).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, capable of professional interaction with various levels of operations, external vendors and internal auditors.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and takes initiatives to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Works well under pressure with multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Bilingual in English and French
- Experience with CERES and JDE system
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.