Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chartwells [K-12 & Higher Education]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Position: General Manager
- We are currently seeking a General Manager for our client site at the University of Toronto (Mississauga Campus)
- Ensure a seamless operation of various day to day food service functions are consistently run in an exemplary fashion.
- Work with operation chefs in menu planning and development.
- Responsible in unit hiring, employee training, associate supervising, staff scheduling and resolving employee/labour relation issues.
- Responsible in operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing, P/L, and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Ensure high level of client relations is maintained.
- Cultivate regular meetings with client and customers on our food service programs and ensure they are satisfied with the service and menu options we provide.
- Collaborate with Marketing department to implement new marketing strategies and programs
- Work closely with Branding department to ensure both internal and external brands are complied to stipulated policies and procedures.
- Sustain retail sales growth and profit and strive to exceed targeted sales quota.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education plus a minimum of 6 to 10 years mutli-unit management experience in a food service environment
- Experience managing both Front of the House and Back of the House food service operations
- Strong retail merchandising and marketing experience
- Possess superior leadership qualities, multi-tasking skills and the ability to harmonize good team work
- Proven management skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Creative thinker
- Hard working team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience in operating residence dining within campus settings
- Catering experience
- Experience working in a unionized environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.