Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Sous Chef (Art Gallery of Alberta)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Sous Chef
Location: Edmonton, AB
- We have a fantastic culinary opportunity for a hands-on, career-oriented, Sous Chef to support the Executive Chef in both front and back of house operations at the award-winning Art Gallery of Alberta.
- The Sous Chef is also responsible for the unit's overall success which includes meeting budgets, enforcing QA and H&S standards, providing and maintaining excellent client and customer relationship and leading a team as well as providing creative culinary skills with a focus on exceptional quality and service for over 400 catering events per year.
- The AGA is an architectural icon and draw visitors from around the world with twice the former gallery space, function and event space and offers a very unique dining experience at the award-winning Zinc (www.zincrestaurant.ca).
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and covering the Executive Chef's duties in their absence in addition to:
- Assist the Executive Chef with inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Prepares and supervise the culinary team in preparation of a wide variety of foods in addition to sharing food knowledge with the team
- Directly involved in menu planning and development, operation planning, expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas as appropriate.
* This position requires weekends and evenings shifts.
- Proven (3+ years) related experience as a Sous Chef in a fast paced production-oriented environment
- 1 to 2 years catering experience with additional emphasis on controlling food and labour costs, menu planning/costing and development
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Solid supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Hard-working, team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel), POS systems etc.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, QA and H&S
- Flexible working hours to accommodate business needs - this position requires evenings and weekend availability
- Red Seal Chef culinary certificate or equivalent is strongly preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.