Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: District Manager
Location: GTA - overseeing South Western Ontario
- We are currently seeking a District Manager to oversee our Southern Ontario accounts.
- This position will be based out of the GTA.
- These food service operations comprise universities and colleges.
- This position will report to the Regional Director of Chartwells and direct General Managers, Food Service Directors and Managers within the managed district.
- Responsible for the effective management and profitability of assigned accounts
- Maximize your district revenue growth
- Promote, monitor and ensure company performance standard
- Develop and manage an effective network of client contacts
- Maintain excellent client relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction that support account retention
- Work with various national brands to maximize sales opportunities and margins in operations.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 5 to 10 years of food service management experience in a multi-unit dining and retail food service setting
- Possess a degree or diploma in Hospitality or Food Service Management or Business Management studies
- Proven history of satisfactory, sustainable performance in positions with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic contributor to the overall direction and growth of the company
- Passionate and results oriented individual with a demonstrated record of success and excellent work ethic
- A creative forward thinker and staying abreast of the trends of the food service industry that allows you to meet and anticipate the future needs of your clients
- Strong business acumen as well as a creative entrepreneurial mindset
- Good interpersonal and client relationships building skills
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Willing to travel 65 to 70%
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Related food service management experience in a College, University or similar environment
- Experience managing in a unionized experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.