Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
Position: Housekeeping Manager
Location: Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
Overview: We are currently seeking a Housekeeping Manager (for coverage) to oversee the housekeeping operations at a location on Vancouver Island.
The mandate of the Manager is to successfully coordinate and support all relevant activities of the housekeeping and linen department with a special emphasis on Infection Control and Occupational Health & Safety. The manager is required to have excellent Interpersonal Skills when dealing with a variety of contacts including the Client, Crothall associates, VIHA staff, patients, residents, family members and members of the public in general as it relates to the cleanliness and housekeeping operations of the facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling departmental staff, resources and activities to meet established housekeeping standards and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Housekeeping Department.
In addition the Housekeeping Manager:
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for Personnel Management Functions of the department by utilizing support departments such as Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety. Personnel Management includes new associate interviews, selection, hiring, evaluation and on occasion termination in accordance with Compass Standards, Client Contract and applicable Union Collective Agreement.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for the Financial Management of the costs and expenses of the budget for a specific VIHA site (s).
- Focuses on Quality Management to ensure both the standards in the Contract with the Client and Provincial Healthcare Standards on Quality in B.C. are met and maintained.
- Develops and follows appropriate policies, procedures, job routines to meet the needs of the VIHA site(s).
- Provides written and verbal reports on activities and statistics to the Regional Director on a weekly – monthly basis.
- Conducts regular inventory of housekeeping supplies and order same, keeping costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
- Schedules project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks
- Handles the upkeep and preventative maintenance of the equipment to assure a safe work environment for the staff.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- At least five (5) years of management experience, preferably in a healthcare management housekeeping role.
- Working knowledge of all housekeeping procedures and laundry management.
- Strong understanding of Infection Control practices and procedures.
- Strong financial management abilities.
- Great people management skills and labour relations experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent customers and clients relationship skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills using email, excel, power point.
- Membership in a recognized Housekeeping Association an asset.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.