||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
|About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 66 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Are you passionate about creating preeminent online and mobile destination sites? Are you excited to use emerging technologies to enhance the guest experience? Cineplex is excited to offer an internship opportunity in our Interactive department to do just that!
We currently have an immediate internship opportunity available for someone wishing to gain valuable experience in the graphic design field. This position is a Junior Designer Intern, reporting to the Director of Interactive. This is a paid internship for the period Mid-June to end August 2012 and you will be expected to work regular business hours, Monday to Friday, at the corporate home office location.
The Junior Designer Intern will be part of the core team to help drive the creative vision of Cineplex and its strategic partners. The team will work closely with multiple internal groups to identify requirements and develop designs that meet business needs.
The Junior Designer’s responsibilities include the creation of micro-sites, online promotions, contests, online ad campaigns, online creative elements and more.
During this summer internship, your responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the integrity of the Cineplex brand and ensure the use of proper web standards and industry best practices
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to ensure designs deliver on business goals and requirements
- Integrate UI elements and HTML/CSS code into existing templates within the Cineplex content management system
- Candidate will execute the day-to-day creative and updates on Cineplex.com, m.cineplex.com and the Cineplex mobile apps
- Work with external partners (Studios, Sales partners, etc.) and content management tools to update content throughout the site
Our ideal applicant has:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Must possess quality and customer service oriented attitude
- A demonstrated track record of designing a wide variety of Interactive projects
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS 5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, DreamWeaver)
- Strong project/time management abilities – can take a project successfully from concept to mockup, design, execution and launch with high levels of client satisfaction
- Ability to create outstanding work while meeting deadlines for multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Strong skills to be a communicator and a collaborator through all phases of the design life cycle
- Strong work ethic with a passion for quality and customer service
- Passionate interest in movies and entertainment is a must
Interested applicants apply today!
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please