||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 70 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Entertainment Content department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Motion Designer, Entertainment Content reporting to the Senior Producer, Entertainment Content.
We are seeking an amazingly creative person to fill the new position of Motion Designer for our Pre-Show. The Pre-Show runs before all movies across the country and we need someone to jolt new life into it through their creative whimsy. We need someone who lives and breathes design, has a keen eye for detail, and loves working as part of a team. PS – did we say you get to watch movies for free?
- Lead the design of the Cineplex Pre-Show with engaging 2D / 3D animations and elements.
- Interpret scripts and stories in visual & creative way
- Create visual storyboards for concepts and pitches
- Manage the Cineplex Brand within the show, and ensure it meets Brand Standards
- Contribute to the creative team’s concept development & ideation
- Manage creative files / assets as it relates to pre-show
- Ensure final deliveries meet all guidelines and specifications.
- Light Video Editing as needed
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Broadcast, Art or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Motion design
- Meticulous design skills, down to the pixel.
- Expert with After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Working knowledge of post production workflows & file formats
- Proven examples of working with a singular brand across multiple touch points / campaigns
- Creative individual who thinks outside the box
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
- Excellent typography and design aesthetics
- Thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently
- Experience / comfort working for an in-house creative team
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal)
- Understanding and knowledge of stereoscopic 3D
- Video & Audio recording experience
As with any production environment, this position may require occasional weekend or evening work.
Please provide a link to your demo reel or portfolio on your resume.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please