||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
||Senior Video Editor, Entertainment Content & Cineplex Studio
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 70 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Entertainment Content department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Video Editor, Entertainment Content & Cineplex Studio reporting to the Production Manager, Entertainment Content & Cineplex Studio.
We are seeking an experienced and creative individual to fill this newly created position. As we bring the production of our Pre-Show and other content in-house, we need someone who is an advanced Avid expert, loves working as part of a team and never ever misses a deadline. It's not often you get to be part of a start-up project at an established and reputable company. PS – did we say you get to watch movies for free?
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working with our producers, you will edit content segments for the Cineplex Pre-Show and other channels as required on a Mac-based Avid editing system
- Balance the need for creativity and innovation with the realities of high volume edits and tight deadlines
- Work with different compression techniques, file formats, and encoding technologies
- Use your perspective as an editor to offer constructive input and solutions on scripts and edit directions
- Edit independently from scripts and verbal concepts
- Ensure final deliveries meet all guidelines and specifications
- Conduct voice over recordings
- Act as the key technical resource for troubleshooting system issues
- Support and mentor other editors and graphic artists with creative and technical guidance
- Finalize segments, including colour correction and audio mixing, for final delivery
- Archive existing projects and organize assets for later use
- Remain current with the latest software releases and techniques related to post production.
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Keen level of creativity towards assignments
- Extremely strong audio, visual, and storytelling skills
- Proven track record of consistently high quality work in a production environment
- Excellent communicator and extremely organized
- Very collaborative, great at sharing ideas and accepting constructive criticism
- Able to work independently
- Must be flexible and be able to work under pressure
- Ability to handle many assignments at the same time
- Detail oriented right down to the frame
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal) is an asset
Hard Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of six years’ experience as an editor in a fast-paced environment
- Expert with Avid Media Composer
- Strong technical understanding of Avid and proven troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of frame rate and format conversions
- Solid knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong experience with colour correction and sound mixing
- Familiarity with shared storage (DAM) systems
- Advanced knowledge of HD post-production workflows and file formats
- Knowledge of DCP file delivery
- Must be Mac proficient
As with any production environment, this position may require occasional weekend or evening work.
Please provide a link to your demo reel on your resume.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please