Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
||About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 69 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Design and Construction department has an immediate opening for the position of Project Coordinator reporting directly to the Director, Design & Construction.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to the Project Managers with new builds / retrofit projects in department. Manage & monitor transfer of information between the internal departments, consultants, contractors, landlord & city officials (ie. utilities). Coordinate with the vendors for the quotation & approval for Purchase Orders. Manage & Monitor the FF & E (Fixtures, Finishes & Equipment) schedules to ensure timely delivery. To prepare & review Job Cost Analysis (committed vs. budget). To assist in problem solving and decision making by gathering & providing information.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Review drawings, plans & specifications at appropriate stages of each project to ensure compliance with all corporate requirements, regulations & standards.
- Recommend changes when applicable and ensure implementation.
- Administrative duties as required; photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc.
- Receive & distribute drawings to internal departments and external consultants, contractors, landlords, etc.
- Create, manage, distribute & monitor the FF & E schedules for each project.
- Maintain reference drawing for all completed projects.
- Prepare & review cost analysis, reporting on a monthly basis to the PM and following project completion, identifying actual costs vs. budget costs.
- Coordinate & Manage small projects & rollouts as defined.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a post-secondary program at the community college level and/or have a minimum five years of industry related experience.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction/architectural/engineering terminology, budgeting, purchasing and accounting.
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional team building capability, confident and motivated.
- Emphasize teamwork, innovation, accountability, execution and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities within a high pressure environment.
- You must have the ability to implement and coordinate comprehensive schedules.
- Adaptable; able to constructively and resourcefully work well under pressure, demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please