||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 69 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Software Solutions department at Cineplex Entertainment is currently recruiting for the position of UI/UX Designer, reporting to the Director, Software Solutions.
We want a talented UI/UX Designer to work closely with a cross-functional team that includes Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts and Executives. This individual will deliver brand new user experiences to internal applications and external facing commerce applications with an excellent lean towards how they are designed, how they function, and how they will streamline business processes.
- Ability to translate user stories into wireframes, workflow diagrams, interactive mockups and prototypes.
- Work closely with Director to plan and execute the design of all Software Solution projects.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure functionality is implemented as per wireframes, and interactive mockups and prototypes.
- Create, Manage, and Enforce the department’s best practices handbook on user interface design and user experiences.
- Ability to continuously innovate and revamp the best practices by actively researching new and emerging technologies.
- First and foremost, you should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web UI/UX when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!).
- You skills to cover all areas of the User Experience Design including:
- Visual Design
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- You'll need to be a Photoshop ninja. You should also be fluent in Illustrator, or whatever tool you use to create wireframes.
- You should have at a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS. JQuery knowledge definitely an asset.
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction and learn by asking the right questions.
- You should have a solid portfolio of web application design. We want to see that you've built great web interfaces before, not just great websites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements for this position with the ability to communicate technical detail to non-technical team members.
- Strong communicator and collaborator through all phases of the design life cycle.
- Possesses a Degree in Web Design, Creative Design, Web Development, or work experience equivalent.
- 3+ years in Graphic Design and Production in a busy, demanding studio-type environment.
- 3+ years in the User Experience Design.
- 3+ years of experience working with ASP.NET, PHP &Java.
- Superior knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver.
- Excellent understanding of cross browser and cross platform coding practices.
- Be able to show an online portfolio of recent UI and UX work.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please