||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
||Project Manager / Business Analyst - Cinema Systems
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 69 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cinema City, Cineplex Odeon, Coliseum, Colossus, Famous Players, Galaxy, SilverCity and Scotiabank Theatres. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Information Technology department at Cineplex Entertainment in Toronto has an immediate opening for a Project Manager / Business Analyst - Cinema Systems reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Projects.
Environment and Position Summary
Cineplex has a dynamic Information Technology team; continuously engaged in advancing the capabilities of the Company. Cineplex IT is broken roughly into four groups: Infrastructure, Support, Development, and Project Management. The success of all four of these groups depends on the cohesion of all. The Project Management group is charged with finding that cohesion and using it to drive solutions.
In this role, you are a Project Manager and Business Analyst working closely with business groups, ensuring that solutions align with Cineplex operations. You forge relationships with internal stakeholders, project sponsors, and third party software vendors. You are committed to the success of your portfolio.
Values and Personality
The position calls for:
- A technologist – a self-learner who loves and can pick up new technologies.
- Someone who is Guest experience focused - committed to delivering client satisfaction.
- Someone with an eye for detail – with the user experience in mind.
- A communicator, one who takes pride in ensuring that the message is always received and understood.
- A scientifically minded individual, keen to isolate the facts.
- A strategist, an organizer – always comes prepared.
- Someone tenacious and committed, with a “CAN DO” attitude!
- Someone who can calmly prioritize and work on multiple initiatives at once.
- Someone charismatic and respectful of others, able to forge strong relationships.
- Someone who can consistently produce quality results within limited timelines.
Role and Responsibilities:
The primary role of this position is the management of and execution of IT projects within your portfolio. You wear many hats. In addition to project management, you are a business analyst, product manager, and functional specialist. Your success is measured in achieving the following objectives:
- Endeavour to truly understand the business groups that make up your clients – understand their mandate and the details of their operations, so as to be better armed to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Manage small, medium, and large projects simultaneously from concept to completion.
- Gather requirements using Cineplex processes, tools and standards - document them and then marshal the requirements for sign-off.
- Ensure appropriate buy-in and commitment from executive sponsors and key business stakeholders.
- As product manager, you manage a roadmap of future releases for the individual platforms that you support.
- Create and maintain project plans. Keep and distribute meeting notes and provide weekly project updates to stakeholders.
- Execution of projects, looking ahead and ensuring that resources are scheduled accordingly, escalating well in advance to supervisors, recognizing that resources are shared and have different team managers.
- Continually identifying and focusing on the critical path tasks to ensure the timeline is met.
- Proactively communicate - to the point of over-communicating to ensure that all stakeholders are on the same page.
- Quality assurance, authoring of test scripts and work to ensure that customers are satisfied during and post deployment.
- Platform expertise – act as functional specialist over the platforms you support, with ability to understand and express the finest details.
- Hand off of functional documentation and training on supported platforms to 1st and 2nd tier support teams.
- Effectively communicate with an overseas software vendor with which you are in frequent contact (email, support tickets), however normally only speak to once a week (conference call), and rarely meet face to face.
- Understand and respect the importance of systems that must facilitate incoming revenue streams reliably and accurately while running for the most part outside of regular office hours, being both employee-operated and unattended via direct Guest-facing applications.
Cinema Systems Portfolio:
The portfolio of the Project Manager / Business Analyst for Cinema Systems includes the following:
- Ticket and Concession Point of Sale, Kiosk, Cinema Back Office, Cinema Head Office (Vista Entertainment Solutions)
- Cineplex Online and Mobile Ticketing via Cineplex.com, m.Cineplex.com, and the Mobile Apps (proprietary, using Vista API)
- Ticket Pickup via Mobile Express Kiosk (proprietary, using Vista API)
- Internal ancillary applications, reports, and dashboards - supporting the portfolio
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Proven track record of IT project management and business analysis.
- Expertise with Microsoft professional office and project management productivity tools , i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Well acquainted with software lifecycle management and change management processes and protocol.
- A solid overarching understanding of system technology and architecture.
- Prior history in retail operations or hospitality.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please