View Jobs
Submit Resume
Job Details
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.

Location Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City Toronto
Province Ontario [ON]
Title Junior Web Designer - Content & Creative Group
Position Description
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 11,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Content & Creative department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Junior Web Designer, reporting to the Senior Designer.
The Junior Web Designer will be part of a core team working on Cineplex.com’s desktop and mobile sites as well as the Cineplex app and social platforms. You will work with internal partners on developing creative campaigns, awesome UI design, and develop innovative rich media user experiences that drive business and blow away our users.
The Junior Web Designer’s responsibilities will include 60% front-end development, bringing designs to life within our responsive environment. The remaining 40% will be mainly designing marketing and ad campaigns, microsites and contests. You are passionate about all things mobile, appreciate cool and simple user experiences, have a keen eye for detail, follow the latest design and interaction trends just because you love it, and want to work in an environment where your ideas are appreciated.
PS – Did we say you get to watch free movies?
  • Integrate HTML/CSS code into existing templates within the Cineplex content management system
  • Design UI elements for all platforms
  • Conceive and design responsive creative aimed at moviegoers
  • Adapt print and other assets for use online
  • Design site layouts, user interfaces, coding web sites, functionality, cross browser capability testing, FTP usage, digital projects, etc., according to strategic plans
  • Create visual storyboards for concepts and pitches
  • Maintain the integrity of the Cineplex brand and ensure the use of proper web standards and industry best practices
  • Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure designs and experiences deliver on business goals, budgets, and timelines
  • Execute day-to-day creative and content maintenance updates on web and app
  • Self-manage your projects
  • Keep up to date on the latest in design and user experience trends
Hard and Soft Skills:
  • Post-secondary education in web design/ development
  • Strong HTML5 and CSS3 skills
  • Working Knowledge of Javascript and popular libraries like jQuery
  • Strong web UX practices
  • Working knowledge of Sass or LESS
  • Strong understanding of responsive design and mobile websites
  • Experience implementing custom code within a CMS architecture
  • Fluent in graphics software such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator)
  • Meticulous design skills, down to the pixel
  • Familiar with leading-edge plug-ins, shortcuts and tools
  • Excellent typography and design aesthetics
  • Strong project/time management abilities - can juggle multiple projects successfully from concept to mockup, design, execution and launch with outstanding results
  • CMS tools to update content throughout the site
  • Great attention to detail
  • Extremely efficient in workflow
  • Good relationship management skills – a strong team player
  • Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
  • Strong communicator and collaborator through all phases of projects
  • A demonstrated track record of designing and programming a wide variety of interactive projects
  • Familiar with prototyping tools
  • InDesign, After Effects, video editing
  • Knowledge of spoken and written French
  • Passionate about movies


As with any production environment, this position may require occasional evening or weekend work.
Please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
Apply Now!   Apply Now! Tell A FriendTell A Friend