Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
|About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 11,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Office Services department has an immediate opening for the position of Building Operator, reporting directly to the Manager, National Facilities.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Be familiar with all aspects of building operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections/maintenance and perform repairs taking into account time and skill required + arrange for 3rd party repairs.
- Maintain daily equipment logs as well as building activity log book.
- Carry out daily, weekly, monthly, etc. testing of building fire alarm system.
- Carry out boiler, chilled water, cooling tower water testing as required + maintain chemical levels.
- Respond to building requests in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Arrange for quotes as needed.
- Be available after hours for emergency building issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned by the Manager, National Facilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Secondary school diploma plus minimum 1 year in a specialized Building Operations training or certification program.
- Minimum two years relevant industry experience.
- Solid understanding of building envelope and structure, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire alarm systems as well as boiler operation
- Strong experience in repairing/replacing flushometres and water faucets
- Capable of taking readings with a multimeter and conduct minor electrical repairs
- Must be able to paint, cut and install ceiling tiles and solder small (up to 1 inch) copper pipes
- Understanding of AC and DC electricity
- Understanding of water treatment requirements
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Quality oriented, flexible, and committed to successful on-time completion of tasks
- Excellent team player with a solid work ethic and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Energetic individual who is detail oriented, with a high level of initiative and the ability to successfully prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel & Word
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please