||Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
||Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 11,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Cineplex Entertainment is pleased to announce a newly created role of Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
Cineplex has developed a digital commerce business (CineplexStore.com) selling movies and other movie related content in both physical and digital form. Cineplex was the first Canadian member of DECE and the first retailer in Canada to offer Ultra Violet (UV) functionality on its digital download products. In 2013 Cineplex introduced SuperTicket, a first ever bundled offering that allows movie-goers to purchase a movie admission ticket and pre-order of the digital download at the same time.
This new role has been created to propel the Company into becoming one of the top brands in digital movie delivery in Canada.
The Senior Vice President, Digital Commerce will help lead the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives by developing and executing Digital Commerce strategies that cultivate our existing relationship with the guest and create new relationships with non-movie goers beyond the exhibition window.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee all aspects of the Cineplex Store business unit
- Lead a team of 12-15 people and build and develop the team and structure required to ensure success
- Provide strategic direction to the long term business plan for Digital Commerce
- P&L responsibility for Digital Commerce – drive revenue growth and profitability for the business unit
- Identify and recommend courses of action relating to capitalizing on emerging new technologies (in consumer electronics/ digital download/rental/streaming/on demand) and new markets (outside Canada)
- Ensure seamless, intuitive experiences (UI/UX) across all customer interactions
- Ensure optimal delivery of at-home/on-the-go products through forging profitable relationships with Consumer Electronics partners including integration with numerous devices.
- Architect the Digital Commerce experience to become the leading destination for Canadians who want to access movies outside the theatre environment.
- Continue development of the technical infrastructure and digital delivery platform to ensure delivery of a market leading customer experience
- Oversee all merchandising, pricing strategies and promotional initiatives for Digital Commerce
- Work with the Interactive Team to ensure seamless delivery of products through cineplex.com, m.cineplex.com and the Cineplex App.
- Work closely with Marketing to build the Cineplex “At Home” brand and to maximize marketing opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing to leverage the SCENE loyalty program, social media opportunities and Cineplex’s relationship with moviegoers to drive the Digital Commerce business
- Oversee all external vendor/partner relationships relating to legal, technical and new business initiatives
- Oversee all contract negotiations with partners and suppliers including studios and vendors
- Identify and maximize synergies between digital, mobile and online technologies to ensure a seamless user experience for our customers
- Leverage opportunities afforded through partnerships with DECE and Disney Keychest.
- Grow and develop the SuperTicket product offering
- Work with Cineplex Media to create highly targeted media sales opportunities in the newly emerging digital business
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, well-respected business executive with experience managing in the digital Commerce environment and will possess an optimal combination of the following:
- University post graduate degrees (MBA and MSc.)
- Other technical degrees as appropriate
- Should have been in senior roles for sufficient time to plan, implement, harvest and live with the results of a newly emerging technology business
- Extensive experience in an Digital Commerce, dot com/”over the top” and mobile environment from both the technology and merchandising perspectives
- Advanced technical, analytical and solution design experience
- A thorough understanding of the movie download/streaming industry from a technical and strategic perspective
- Extensive understanding of digital/internet/eCommerce/mobile technology to enable overall architecture and oversight of a technical team
- Experienced in “trend spotting” – has their finger on the pulse of the marketplace with sufficient depth to identify relevant new emerging trends
- New business start- up experience is an asset
- A proven track record of leading and developing others at a senior level to achieve their full potential.
- Strong leadership style – able to lead by example and to earn the respect of colleagues and direct reports
- Highly organized; an effective manager of time and resources
- Strong team building skills – can operate effectively with their direct team as well as others across the organization
- Strong problem solving, decision making, negotiation and communication skills
- Customer focused – astute in anticipating customer needs and committed to developing quality programs
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Highly motivated, dynamic and creative with a hands on management style and ability to work independently
- Leads by example; possesses strong work ethic and ability to comfortably execute assigned organizational responsibilities
- Ability to set strategic objectives and execute on time and on budget
- Demonstrated senior level interactive ability, including at the Board level
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills – able to engage the organization and external stakeholders and establish a high level of credibility
- Desire to learn, think “outside the box” and to develop professionally
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please