Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Electrical Instrumentation Engineer
||OH or DE
||Our client is an international specialty chemical manufacturer. This is a full-time Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering position that has flexibility to be based out of either Columbus (Dublin), Ohio or Wilmington Delaware. Job level and salary will be determined by the experience level and quality of the successful candidate. This job involves approximately 25% domestic and international travel.
This position will support multiple capital projects simultaneously is required as well as the ability to assist manufacturing facilities apply innovation to develop new processes and improve current operations. This includes the upgrade and expansion of existing facilities, as well as integration of acquired facilities. In addition, this role will design, specify, and start-up new equipment and systems.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Prepare project scope packages and formal engineering design packages for the electrical, instrumentation, and power distribution, to support capital projects.
- Development of E&I equipment procedures and standards, participate in process engineering analysis,
- LOPA analysis and create SIS designs, preparing reports, determining area hazard and electrical classifications, and providing economical design recommendations.
- Coordinate small teams of professionals, select, supervise or monitor contract service personnel, and implement innovative solutions to improve current manufacturing technology.
- A BS or MS in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical and instrumentation design experience in the chemical or heavy manufacturing industry.
- Must have experience designing electrical and instrumentation systems, writing equipment and instrumentation specifications, performing system optimization activities, and defining area electrical classification areas.
- Experience with all applicable E&I design standards required and knowledge of other Global E&I standards a plus.
- Experience with design and installation of process controls systems a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required as well as hands-on field experience in chemical manufacturing plants with process and equipment commissioning, start- up, performance testing, and troubleshooting activities.
- Experience with specialty chemical batch processing activities of, unsaturated polyester resins, phenolics, acrylics, emulsions, soluble polymers, cellulous derivatives, adhesives, and water treatment chemicals a plus.
- International experience in China, Europe or South America is also a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.