Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Software Design Engineer 2
||Do you love travel? Do you want to use your Software Design Engineering experience to help other love travel as much as you do? The largest Online Travel Agency, is looking for a highly talented Software Development Engineer to join their Transportation Technologies Air team. This team provides the core flight services consumed by our client's partners and sister companies. In this role, you will be working closely with developers and architects to design and maintain, using C++ and C#, new functionality and improve existing systems for services needed for flights. They need a passionate developer with very high aptitude who can help build high performance, highly available systems.
This is a team filled with people who love technology and with a high level of initiative and ownership. They enjoy working with each other and understand that close-knit teams do a much better job of bringing products to life!
||• Work in tandem with architects and other software engineers to design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable server applications
• Translate functional specifications into high-performance, logical technical designs
• Interact with Program Managers and Test Engineers to contribute to and review functional specifications and test cases
• Have a strong eye for the operational aspects of the platform such as performance tuning, monitoring, and fault-tolerance
• Contribute to advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices
• Design, develop, debug, and modifies components of software applications and tools.
||• 4+ years of relevant industry experience in C++
• BS or MS, in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• Working knowledge of low-level OS, CPU and code-generation topics
• Flexibility in solving problems in areas you aren’t necessarily acquainted with
• A proven track record of delivering and operating large-sized internet-scale software systems