Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||United States [US]
||Software Design Engineer 3
||Candidates will help implementation of online gaming scenarios on mobile devices, largely including but not limited to development of SDKs to be used by 3rd parties in developing games for the phone. Main responsibilities include creating work items and plans based on provided specifications, efficiently developing high-quality, reusable code to implement features, working across teams to ensure maximum code reuse and compatibility, working with PM to handle dependencies across teams, and working in conjunction with test to develop unit tests and otherwise validate functionality.
||- Working with development and test teams to implement robust end-to-end game functionality from service to client.
- Providing input for triaging bugs.
- Helping with implementation of other related projects as needed.
- Identifying and helping to resolve design issues across partner teams and dependent projects.
- Providing documentation of implemented features for long-term knowledge transfer.
- Effectively fix bugs to help with product stabilization.
||TOP required skills that candidates must have.
- 5 years of software development experience
- 3 years of native Windows development experience (C++/COM)
- Ability to provide accurate and reliable development estimates.
- Ability to quickly understand large-scale existing systems and work effectively within them.
- Ability to work across teams to create designs that balance cross-platform compatibility with per-platform optimizations.
- Solid understanding of solid software engineering practices.
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills, including experience working with other disciplines
- 2 years of experience natively developing on mobile devices (hub and platform components).
- Experience with managed (C#) application development, particularly for Windows Phone.
- UI and user experience development experience.
- Knowledge of internet protocols and networking fundamentals including HTTP, RESTful APIs, XML SOAP and TCP/IP
- Passion for game play and casual games space.
- Experience at handling multiple dependencies and supplying stub placeholders as needed.
*Lifting requirement: Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.