Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Prithvi Catalytic, Inc. defines and manages programs for some of the world’s best known companies, involving local, regional, and global solutions. A unique and ever-growing software company, we place tremendous value in the talented teams we deploy and we work hard to maintain our reputation as a trusted technology partner. We are known for our execution expertise and have an outstanding track record of successful, top talent-driven programs. Join a winning team and evolve with us!
||United States [US]
||Our client has a need for a build/operations engineer who will be involved in all phases of development and operations for an advanced technology team focused on social media.
This role will entail about 60-70% operations of websites and 30%-40% build/deployment.
• Ensuring builds of various projects happen regularly, diagnosing build errors and issues
• Managing the deployment of releases to an Azure data center, including occasional more complex steps including data migration
• Creating new deployment configurations and subscriptions in Microsoft Windows Azure
• Acting as first line of defense in diagnosing live site issues for various web properties
• Driving monitorability improvements back into the engineering team
• Defining alerts and thresholds that indicate systemic problems
• Understanding of system capacity needs and working with engineering to define forecasts
||4+ years work related experience in DevOps or Build/Release activities required.
Knowledge of applicable Microsoft development tools, including Team Foundation Server build and source code control systems required.
Knowledge of Windows is required.
Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
Experience operating systems in a cloud-hosted environment (preferably Windows Azure) may be required.
Ability to diagnose issues with web sites, skill with system logs and remote operations of servers preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.