Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Business Intelligence Developer
||Our client, The Worlds Largest Online Travel Agency, is looking to add an important part of the Global Customer Operations team, the Global Reporting and Analytics team is accountable for building a suite of robust reports and analyses that many stakeholders and clients – from specialists to executives – will consume on a regular basis and creating the framework, process and supporting structures that will allow the reporting team to deliver this suite.
The Application Developer will be primarily responsible for defining, developing, and implenting data architecture solutions for our customers.
- Define, develop, and implement complex data extraction and load architectures
- Work with a cross-functional team of developers and business analysts to deliver on strategic data initiatives
- Quickly gather a deep understanding of business need and translate into technology solutions
- Exploit te chnologies that result in measurable performance and quality gains.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for related data and analysis
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 5 years minimum experience with Business Intelligence/Analysis and Data Warehousing
- 3 to 5 years experience with SQL development
- Experience with understanding reporting marts
- Solid understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server framework (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Ability to work under pressure, to fixed deadlines and a flexible approach to working hours, where required, to meet deadlines.
- Methodical, accurate and with attention to detail.
- Service oriented and delivery focused. Will "go the extra mile" to achieve results.
- Willing to accept ownership problems/issues and see them through.
- Personable - able to work with other team members, other teams and user community alike.
- Excellent communicator must inspire confidence from users and colleagues.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and motivated with sharp customer focus
- Results-Driven with ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment
- Drive tangible business insights and recommendations through quantitative analysis on a broad range of supply-side and demand-side issues, with the goal of improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be capable of managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end-to-end, coordinate with teams of business owners, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Be self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints.
- Use programming skills and knowledge to design and work with technical and business teams to present data for information delivery and business analytics.