Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||We are looking for a general programmer/developer, with plenty of experience in automation. You will be helping design and implement the automation harness and interfaces which will execute the test cases both locally and in a farm environment. You will be building and supporting technology that automates the game across multiple platforms, and runs automated validation of content creation tools used here.
||United States [US]
||Software Development Engineer 2
||Where the team stands today: They have the infrastructure built and have identified what needs to be tested, however, they need two developers to come in and create the automation, build out additional infrastructure and coverage, automate game as well as the tools needed. Currently they are at about 25% and are looking to get to at least 75% within the next year. Really looking for someone who wants to sink their teeth into automating as much as possible.
As a Test Developer, your responsibility will be to work with new and existing technology to support automating the game, verifying game behavior, validating the processing of game content. You will be building the test harness and extending the applications being automated. You’ll be working with programmers and content creators to provide a robust, informative system which is usable by all members of the studio. And allows them to verify the quality of their work, ensuring quality of the game and pipeline.
· Must have: At least 2 years of professional C++ experience – game is written in C++ (about 40% of the time will be using this language)
· Must have: At least 3 years of professional C# experience – automation infrastructure/test harness is written in C# (about 60% of the time will be using this language)
· Must have: Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded, networked environment
· Nice to Have: Experience shipping a current generation AAA console game or any gaming experience
· Strongly Prefer: Experience with client tool automation (will be an area of focus for this role)
· Nice to Have: Experience driving tests over networks (i.e. sending commands and validating that receiving the correct responses)
· Nice to Have: Previous Visual testing experience – i.e. does the UI look like it is supposed to? Did menu items move?
· Nice to Have: Prior Microsoft experience but not required. Entertainment of some sort would be great and/or passion around games