Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Test Design Engineer 1
||The world's leading online travel company is looking for a talented Test Design Engineer (TDE) for an online development team, part of their engineering team. On this team, you will utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive success and will be instrumental in leading expansion into the loyalty space.
As a TDE for OPD, you will work closely with the other members of the team to build and maintain sites and features to allow earning and burning of our client's-branded and partner-branded loyalty points. You will interface with business owners, other members of the team, and in-country team members as you play a major role in a new product line. This work includes test planning, test case execution, and project management to get our new sites out the door.
Bring your creativity, break-it mentality, strong communication skills, technical abilities, and desire to learn quickly, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in on-line travel.
||• You will work with the members of the OPD team to create new partner loyalty sites and loyalty features on existing sites. You may be required to participate in project management activities in addition to normal test activities. You will be expected to be able to test the full stack of technology.
• You will engineer a world-class platform for our client's-branded and partner-branded loyalty travel sites.
• You will work with the offshore test team to deliver high quality projects on time.
• You will identify opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
||• Ability to ramp up quickly on any type of new technology (from hardware to software infrastructure to core Expedia technology).
• Proven track record in handling multiple, complex projects/releases and keeping track of details of each test cycle in parallel.
• Excellent understanding of testing concepts, test methodologies and how test fits into the SDLC.
• Good understanding of object oriented programming with strong coding and debugging abilities.
• Ability to leverage and integrate different industry-level automation frameworks/tool practices within Expedia.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with test automation techniques and testing tools is required, and knowledge of more advanced testing methodologies such as model based testing is a plus
• Familiarity with industry best practices for quality management is a plus.
• Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field only.
• Minimum 5+ years of Software development/testing and automation experience required.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, relational databases & XML preferred.
• Good experience working on Windows and Java platform
• Deep knowledge of Internet technologies is required