Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||- Implementing High Availability solutions for SQL Servers using Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log-shipping and Always -On etc.
- Installation and configuration of SQL server 2005/2008/2012 according to best practices.
- Designing Databases suitable for different Web Application including SharePoint Farms.
- Performing Database Maintenance tasks - Indexing and Statistics, Database Consistency Checks.
- Performing Server Maintenance tasks - Security Patching, Service Packs and IPAKs.
- Backup options, Strategies, restoring databases. Full, Differential and Log backups. Point-in-time restores.
- System Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
- General Trouble Shooting, using SQL I/O and to check the disk contention, SQL Blocking, SQL Dashboards ,Resource Monitor, Performance Monitors and enhance the Database performance.
Data Warehousing using BI Tools SSIS/SSRS and built the Reports/Subscriptions.
- Creating Dashboards using Tools like Power-Pivot and Power-View.
- Monitoring servers using MOM/SCOM. Adding New Management Packs to MOM/SCOM. Adding new Servers and URLs to monitoring.
- Creating Custom Monitors and Rules in MOM/SCOM and customizing the thresholds.
Plan future-state infrastructure (storage capacity planning, server SKU recommendations, short Stroking, Array Configuration recommendations, etc.).
- Automate the processes using PowerShell and windows command shell.
- Working on sending business communications to users and other team on scheduled downtimes, planning the downtimes and Implementation.
- Implementation of service operations framework such as MOF/ITIL.
- Working with Solution/Program Managers, Development team and build teams to debug the user/application issues.
||- Must have a BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus five years experience as a Database Administrator.
- Must have experience managing the SQL Servers using Replication, System Performance Monitoring and Tuning, Plan future-state infrastructure, Perform design review of all database.
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator & MCITP: SQL Server Database Administrator.
Hours: M-F, 40 hours. Must have work authorization. Travel to client site may be required.
How do I apply: Fax qualified resumes to Prithvi Catalytic Inc. at 412-920-0329 ref DBA I. No phone calls please.