|Career Opportunity Details
Are you interested in this career opportunity? Click on Apply Now and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
||Los Angeles, CA
||Senior Electrical Engineer
|Cannon Design is an Ideas Based Practice, ranked among the leading international firms in planning and design for healthcare, research, education, corporate commercial, sports and government clients. At present, the firm employs a staff of over 1,000, delivering services in 16 offices throughout North America as well as abroad in Shanghai, China, and Mumbai, India. Cannon Design offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer. This position may be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will provide leadership within the Engineering group. This position entails acting as a senior client/project manager, business development, mentoring and growth of junior staff, and quality control. Candidates should have a minimum of 15 years related experience with demonstrated experience in large, complex healthcare and higher education projects. Previous management experience required. Outstanding oral/written communication, organizational, leadership, interpersonal and technical skills are essential. Related BS degree and PE required; LEED Accreditation preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
- Builds and maintains strong consensus-based relationships with clients from the beginning of a project (including pursuits) to the end of construction and beyond
- Establishes professional credibility with clients, becoming a trusted advisor and one that is turned to for important client issues
- Understanding of applicable design codes and standards including NFPA, NEC, IBC and FGI, DSA
- OSHPD experience required
- Manage multiple and/or large projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines, overseeing quality control measures and interdisciplinary coordination, supervises workloads and project assignments
- Meet with clients to learn user needs, define project goals, establish schedule and budget, collaborate with project teams, develop engineering concepts and recommendations
- Demonstrated success at negotiating and securing new assignments on major projects
- Ability to travel in order to meet project and client needs
- High level of motivation, energy and the ability to be self-directed
- Coaches others in client relationships, develops project budgets and work plans to assist with proposal writing
- Effectively manages the development of staff through skill planning, mentoring and performance feedback to enhance career growth
- Promotes effective teamwork and creates an environment of enthusiasm, fun, learning and commitment to each other, project teams and company
Join us at Cannon Design, one of the finest design and project delivery firms in the world. Upload resumes and portfolio materials through our career portal located at www.cannondesign.com.