Senior Electrical Engineer who will provide leadership within the Engineering group. This position entails acting as a senior client/project manager, business development, mentoring and growth of junior staff, and quality control.
Candidates should have a minimum of 15 years related experience with demonstrated experience in large, complex healthcare and higher education projects; previous corporate/commercial experience a plus. Previous management experience required. Outstanding oral/written communication, organizational, leadership, interpersonal and technical skills are essential. Related BS degree and PE required; LEED Accreditation preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
· Builds and maintains strong consensus-based relationships with clients from the beginning of a project (including pursuits) to the end of construction and beyond
· Establishes professional credibility with clients, becoming a trusted advisor and one that is turned to for important client issues
· Understanding of applicable design codes and standards including NFPA, NEC, IBC and FGI
· Manage multiple and/or large projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines, overseeing quality control measures and interdisciplinary coordination, supervises workloads and project assignments
· Meet with clients to learn user needs, define project goals, establish schedule and budget, collaborate with project teams, develop engineering concepts and recommendations
· Demonstrated success at negotiating and securing new assignments on major projects
· Ability to travel in order to meet project and client needs
· High level of motivation, energy and the ability to be self-directed
· Coaches others in client relationships, develops project budgets and work plans to assist with proposal writing
· Effectively manages the development of staff through skill planning, mentoring and performance feedback to enhance career growth
· Promotes effective teamwork and creates an environment of enthusiasm, fun, learning and commitment to each other, project teams and company