Together, we create design solutions to the greatest challenges facing our clients and society. CannonDesign is ranked among the leading international firms in planning and design and in delivering success for our clients in the areas of health, education, corporate and government markets. The firm employs a staff of over 1,000, delivering services across our network of offices throughout North America and in China and India. Our culture of innovation places strong emphasis on collaboration, mutual support, personal growth, productivity and accountability, offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a dynamic, high-performance team environment.
CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant based in our Toronto office.
The position includes administrative support responsibilities including the following: Telephone responsibilities. Greeting and announcing guests. Kitchen maintenance: responsible for clean-up and inventory. Maintaining the conference room schedule.
• Operate the front desk, greet visitors, and assist in arranging taxi services.
• Answer multi-line phone, transfer calls, and take accurate messages.
• Advise others on phone system protocols and assist in arranging conference calls.
• Prepare mail and arrange courier services.
• Maintain records such as phone list, conference room calendars, logs for video or other office equipment and monthly reports.
• Assist with meeting preparations; including arranging and setting up refreshments, conference room clean up, and restaurant reservations.
• Assist with travel arrangements; interfacing with our travel agency and prepare expense reports for staff if requested.
• Provide general administrative support to the office; including copying, filing, archiving, and document preparation using software (Intermediate to advance knowledge of Word and Excel)
• Maintain cleanliness of common areas; kitchen, lunch room and conference rooms
• Order/maintain general office food supplies such as coffee, tea, paper supplies, etc.
• Responsible for office closure at the end of the day.
• Maintain a neat and orderly front desk environment.
• Responsible for scheduling lunch and learns.
• Will be the CannonDesign Academy liaison; responsible for setting up webinars.
• May provide marketing support; experience with InDesign would be considered an asset.
• Uphold a professional appearance, take initiative and have a positive attitude.
• Previous experience in an architectural firm would be an asset.
• Willing to handle other responsibilities as needed.
Join us at Cannon Design, one of the finest design and project delivery firms in the world. Upload resumes and portfolio materials through our career portal located at www.cannondesign.com
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.