(Integrity) Acting honestly with integrity, being productive, co-operative, accountable, responsible, flexible and positive.
- Proven work ethic, with utmost integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Meets personal commitments.
- Adheres to policy & regulations.
- Willingness to take direction and learn.
- Has a positive enthusiastic attitude.
MAINTAINS PERSONAL STANDARDS:
Being concerned with personal well being, maintains standards of dress and hygiene which align to Canlan guidelines.
- Dressed professionally in full Canlan on-ice uniform or full Canlan off-ice uniform (camps related) each instruction program hour.
- Well groomed.
ATTENDANCE, PUNCTUALITY AND TIMELINESS:
Achieves expectations with regards to schedules and is sensitive to the timeliness needs of others.
- Adheres to posted schedule.
Knows & understands the needs of the customer (both internal & external). Puts a high
priority on Customer Satisfaction.
- Is available to answer questions before and after all on/off-ice instructional camps / programs to the best of their ability.
- Understands his/her responsibilities & role as a camp instructor / instructor.
Builds positive relationships with customers and fellow staff. Is responsive in dealing
with people. Displays a solid "service attitude".
- Participates in keeping all areas of the facility neat, tidy and safe at all times.
- Assists in correcting players bad habits in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Communicates and works well with fellow instructors.
- Understands the purpose of each camp / program and the needs of the athletes.
- Is available to answer customer questions before & after all on-ice instructional programs to the best of their ability.
- Provides a fun and interactive learning environment.
Works within and contributes to the effectiveness of the facility / department team. Respects differences, takes responsibility to help.
- Works effectively with others and independently.
- Reviews practice plans throughout each hour and communicates with fellow instructors on drill set up.
- 3 Hands out promotional materials to the parents, or suckers to the kids at the end of each program hour.
- Completes participant evaluations and makes suggestions for “next steps” to participant or parent.
- Stands in appropriate place to ensure safety & maximize participant learning on the ice (or as appropriate for the specific sport),
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Adaptable and able to communicate positively and effectively with customers, participants and staff.
- Understands how to read and execute a practice plan.
- Demonstrates strong communication of drills and expectations to the athletes in group situations.
- Demonstrates strong time management with little down time between drills.
- Understands how to communicate and teach proper technique in all skill areas.
- Understands what weaknesses to look for/corrects players bad habits immediately.
- Can adjust practice plan to accommodate skill level.
- Ability to defuse emotionally charged situations.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal orientated).
- Provides positive encouragement and feedback to all athletes.
- Sets and enforces the rules and standards for athletes follow.
- Ensures each program hour has the correct appropriate on-ice equipment.
- Ensures all athletes equipment is in good repair and skates are tightened.
ADAPTABLE & FLEXIBLE:
- Ability to take direction from Head Instructors.
- Ability to correct athletes weaknesses(bad habits) immediately.
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
- Ability to recognize when a drill isn’t working and correct it immediately.
UNDERSTANDS BUSINESS GOALS, PLANS & ORGANIZES:
- Understands that the program hours are based on registrations/Instructing is contract work.
- Understands that all training sessions are mandatory.
- Understands how employee evaluations are delivered and goals are set.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Is aware of the Facility Emergency Plan.
- Reports any unsafe Health & Safety conditions.
- Is aware of location of First Aid kit and Incident Reports.
- Is "WHMIS” and "Workplace Violence" trained.
- Completes a safety check of the ice and boards prior to starting the program.
- Ensures all the gates closed prior to program starting and are the gates closed during the program hour.
- Adheres to all Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Is aware of the location of the Defibrillator is and how to use it.
- Must review, follow and execute each practice plan for each program hour.
- Must have strong communication skills with athletes, parents and fellow instructors.
- Has strong teaching skills and understanding how to teach proper technique.
- Is able to recognize player’s weaknesses and correct them immediately.
- Has an understanding of proper progression when teaching.
- Is able to communicate drills, provide a visual drawing of the drill and demonstrate each program.
- Is able to adapt quickly to the group’s needs (splitting up based on skill level).
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL SENSITIVITY:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed.