Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation and entertainment industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
||Canlan Ice Sports Corporate
||Corporate Project Manager Operations
The Corporate Project Manager plans and executes all aspects of Facility capital and major maintenance projects with Canlan’s portfolio. This position also maintains key components of the facility Operations business system & provides technical & timely recommendations within the incumbents’ area of responsibility.
The focus of this position will be to manage and maintain the ‘health’ of Canlan’s owned and managed facilities through project management duties in; planning, designing, and overseeing construction and renovation of building structures, facilities and technical assessments.
Extensive travel (30 – 40%) across Canada and the USA is required.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plan, budget, coordinate and execute multiple projects across Canlan’s portfolio ranging from very small ($5,000) up to and including facility renovations and upgrades.
- Communicate and work with architects and engineers to design new construction projects based on Canlan’s specific requirements.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications while providing necessary or required direction to construction, and/or operations teams.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare reports, such as bid proposals, business cases, and briefing notes.
- Spearheads necessary studies to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
Facility and Asset Management:
- Carry out facility condition audits for owned sites as well as prospective facilities in Canada and the USA.
- Develops and maintains standards and specifications for products, equipment, and work methods.
- Ensures proper commissioning of new equipment.
- Create Asset registry and PM schedules of newly installed equipment as per OEM.
- Ensures systems are in place to track warranties of new equipment.
- Maintains and keeps current all facility drawings.
Energy & Environmental Management:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed in all projects.
Systems and Operations:
- Working with facility operators (internal customers) on the timely, efficient and on budget projects, while considering facility activity schedules.
- Maintaining the Facility Operation Business System; Capital Asset Management, Audit & PM modules.
Relationships & Teamwork:
· Develops effective working relationships and communications with staff within and across facilities. (Outside contacts, facility and Corporate).
· Collaborates with the facility management & the senior management team to ensure quality & timeliness delivery of information, initiatives and services.
· Fosters an environment that encourages full contribution to the overall company objectives. Maintains a culture of teamwork, mutual support and respect. Provides direction that enables staff to function as a strong, cohesive team focused on achieving the results expected.
- Present regular project status reports.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled department meetings
- Identify & implement continuous improvement strategies that provide customer value in all aspects of facility support
- Participate in training to support or enhance job skills.
- Project support Travel
- Other Facility Operations support duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Experience working with building systems components: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Controls,
- Experience in refrigeration equipments, systems, and controls an asset.
- Experience in recreational ice facility operations an asset.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Project.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office applications including Outlook
- Customer service oriented
- Results driven with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Travel Requirement: Anticipated travel is about 30 – 40% of the year, across Canada and the USA.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Current certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute is required.
- 4 – 6 years project management experience in small to medium commercial or industrial facility construction and renovations.
- 4 – 6 years experience with developing and implementing processes and procedures in diverse workplaces
|Type of Employment
||Salary - Regular Full Time