Acts honestly with integrity, is productive, co-operative, accountable, responsible, flexible and positive.
- Proven work ethic, with utmost integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Adheres to policies and regulations.
MAINTAINS PERSONAL STANDARDS:
Is concerned with personal well-being. Maintains standards of dress and hygiene which align to Canlan guidelines.
- Dresses professionally as detailed in dress code policy.
ATTENDANCE, PUNCTUALITY AND TIMELINESS:
Achieves expectations with regards to schedules and is sensitive to the timeliness needs of others.
- Adheres to posted schedule.
Knows and understands the needs of the customer (both internal & external). Places a high priority on Customer Satisfaction.
- Listens to and empathizes with customers.
- Clarifies customers' needs.
- Confirms customer satisfaction.
- Takes initiative with customers to actively sell products and services
Builds positive relationships with customers and fellow staff. Is responsive when dealing with people. Displays a solid "service attitude".
- Participates in keeping all areas of the facility neat, tidy and safe at all times.
Works within and contributes to the effectiveness of the facility / department team.
Respects differences, takes responsibility to help.
- Mentors junior staff members.
- Ensures a consistent flow ofconstructive feedback about on-ice officials to the Tournament Coordinator and Referee-in-Chief (RIC).
- Works effectively with others and independently.
- Has a general understanding of Canlan products and offerings.
- Works to cross promote other departments at all times.
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Adaptable and able to communicate positively and effectively with customers (participants and staff).
- Assist with the communication of Tournament playing schedules.
- Exceptional in-person customer communication and decision-making skills, confident and comfortable in one-to-one and group (dressing room) environments.
- Can confidently interpret, communicate, and enforce Tournament rules as required.
- Attends all department meetings when required.
- Is up-to-date with current promotions and contests; can comfortably convey promotional messages to customers in one-to-one and group (dressing room) environments to increase awareness and participation.
- Ability to defuse emotionally charged situations and strives for win-win outcomes.
- Listens effectively to concerns and conflicts with an open mind and customer-first focus.
- Creates and maintains a positive and professional relationship with all stakeholders.
- Provides a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (i.e. goal oriented).
- Provides a high level of professionalism.
ADAPTABLE & FLEXIBLE:
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
- Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to recognize a problem or trend and taking the appropriate steps to improve the situation or problem.
- Ability to be proactive, look back at weaknesses and move forward towards improvement.
UNDERSTANDS BUSINESS GOALS, PLANS & ORGANIZES:
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Protects the integrity of the CCT brand / product at all times by ensuring quality of delivery in the standardized format as directed by the Canlan Classic Tournaments office and the Tournament Coordinator.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Is aware of the Facility Emergency Plan.
- Reports any unsafe Health & Safety conditions.
- Is aware of the location of First Aid kits and Incident Reports.
- Is trained in "WHMIS” and "Workplace Violence" policy.
- Is trained to level one safety standards (First Aid & CPR).
- Is aware of the location of the Defibrillator and how / when to use it.
- Ensures important information is communicated to the Tournament Coordinator verbally and / or in writing (as required).
- Ensures Tournament registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Possesses a working knowledge of current Hockey Canada (and/or USA Hockey) and applicable Tournament rules.
- Possesses a working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Possesses a working knowledge of suspension guidelines and processes; assists the Tournament Supervisor and / or Coordinator with the assessment, communication and enforcement of suspensions.
- Possesses a good knowledge of Canlan brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services)
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL SENSITIVITY:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed.