Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation and entertainment industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
||Canlan Ice Sports Corporate
||British Columbia [BC]
||Payroll and Benefits Administrator
SCOPE: Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager, we are seeking a person skilled in Payroll & Benefits Administration, comfortable in dealing with multi-Provinces, States and unions. Currently we employ approximately 950 employees with about 60% consisting of part time. We process 19+ payrolls in Canada and 2 payrolls in the USA, while ensuring compliance with applicable unions and governments. We have non-union & union benefit plans.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepares, audits, corrects and submits all payroll input through ADP and Payroll Guardian on a bi-weekly basis for union and non-union employees, salary and hourly for Canadian & USA facilities
- Maintains and updates employee Payroll files, including address changes, wage/salary increase, transfers, new employees, terminations etc.
- Maintenance of Time & Attendance System for applicable facilities
- Files all payroll documents for current and future reference
- Prepares and enters payroll journal entries on a bi-weekly basis, as cycled weekly for the various locations
- Assist with year-end T4 processing and reconciliations as required
- Ad hoc reporting as may be required
- Keeps abreast of current government legislation
- Assist in administration of group benefit plans, which includes setting up new members, regular communication with members, maintaining files, preparing monthly billings, calculating payroll deductions/contributions for employees, and reconciliations
- Prepare and reconcile billings for Provincial Health Care, group benefits plan(s), WCB, and union dues
- Communicates with employees on a timely basis regarding any items which may impact their pay cheque
- Miscellaneous duties including monitoring and reconciling garnishees, promissory notes and other deductions
- Provides ongoing recommendations for improvements to our processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience in computerized payroll
- Previous experience on payroll software (Payroll Guardian, ADP PCPW & Reportsmith recommended)
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working towards a Payroll Certification is an asset
- A positive attitude along with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills is a must
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work well under pressure and deadlines
|Type of Employment
||Salary - Regular Full Time