Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation and entertainment industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Canlan Ice Sports Oakville is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose entertainment and recreation facility. With four NHL sized ice surfaces, our facility accommodates numerous adult and youth programs, events and tournaments. In 2007 we received the Oakville Beaver’s “Best Children’s Programs” award. We’re home to over 500 Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL) teams! Off - ice services include the Thirsty Penguin Grillhouse and our sport store.
||Canlan Ice Sports - Oakville
||Sports Store Supervisor
||The Sports Store Supervisor will direct day to day operations of the Sports Store – ensuring a high level of Customer Service is achieved in the operation. The position is responsible for scheduling and supervising all regular and part-time staff. The supervisor will insure that inventory control systems and company policies are maintained and supervised. The responsibilities towards Sports Store merchandising, promotions, cost controls, sales targets, net financial results and assistance in annual operating plan (AOP) preparation are all responsibilities of this position.
INFLUENCING/INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPING OTHERS/COACHING MANAGING RESOURCES AND CONFLICT:
• Manages and develops staff within the department (inclusive of ongoing learning and development initiatives and related follow up / follow through).
• Recruits, selects, hires and trains staff.
• Facilitates orientation process for all new department employees.
• Conducts and manages staff performance reviews in-line with policy, and establishing effective, measurable goals and objectives for each staff member.
• Implements corrective action, using Performance Improvement Plans, and document as required.
• Facilitates regular departmental meetings.
BUSINESS GOALS, ONGOING PLANNING AND WORK MANAGEMENT:
Provide Strategy and Planning Leadership
• Ensures that department priorities are aligned to and that full facility team supports:
o The Canlan Mission, Vision and Culture Statements.
o The Customer Service Charter.
o Corporate priorities.
• Supports Senior Management with developing and implementing the overall strategic plan.
• Ensures consistent delivery of Canlan's products and services to established standards using standard operating procedures.
• Collaborates and shares best practices with other Corporate Managers and/or National Directors.
TEAM (EFFECTIVE WORK GROUP) DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS/RELATIONSHIP:
• Ensures that all staff adhere to the Customer Service Charter.
• Ensures that the Sports Store is being maintained to exceed levels as defined in the facility and department audit.
• Ensures department staff is optimally scheduled to create positive customer service experience.
• Troubleshoots customer service issues, as required.
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
• Ensures Health and Safety Standards are met by all staff.
• Ensures a safe working environment and a safe customer environment for the facility as detailed in the Risk Management checklist.
• Ensures all department staff are trained on the Facility Emergency Plan and know what to do in case of an emergency.
• Ensures department staff are trained on "WHMIS" and "Workplace Violence" before working their first shift.
DECISION MAKING AND RESULTS:
Manage Financial Accountability and Administrative Requirements:
• Ensures the implementation, delivery and achievement of Annual Operating Plan.
• Manages payroll.
• Manages invoicing, create customer and intercompany invoices.
• Prepares and balances floats (tills, petty cash and safes), daily.
• Ensures control systems are in place for cash and inventory.
• Ensures expenses are aligned with the goals in the AOP.
• Prepares month end reports on ACCPAC/ORION system.
• Verifies and audits department physical inventory counts, compiles and submits inventory values and adjustments to Burnaby Head Office.
• Ensures inventory levels are adequate.
• Ensures the security of assets and reduce inventory shrink.
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS AND MANAGING CONFLICTS:
Manage Stakeholder Relationships:
• Ensures effective communication and working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Resolves conflicts between stakeholders, where / when required.
MANAGE SPORT STORE OPERATIONS:
• Manages opening and closing procedures.
• Ensures all inventory records and month end report are maintained and filed, as required.
• Manages revenue and sales of Sports Store products.
• Ensures sales transactions are handled properly (e.g. skate sharpening sales).
• Maintains merchandise supplier and contact (sales reps, CSRs, etc.) list.
• Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of sports store area according to Canlan standards.
• Ensures sports store equipment meets operational requirements per Sport Store Operating
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT:
• Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed in all projects.
||QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Possesses retail merchandising and sales experience, as well as excellent customer service skills.
• Possesses hockey knowledge, computer skills and cash handling experience.
• The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and customers is also essential.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Minimum Grade 12 education.
• Diploma or Certificate in Retail operations preferred.
• No less than two years total hands on retail experience.
• Previous staff supervision preferred.
Please Note: This position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with and / or associating with youth and vulnerable persons.
|Type of Employment
||Salary - Regular Full Time