Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation and entertainment industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
||Canlan Classic Tournaments
||Canlan Classic Tournaments
||Tournament Coordinator (Seasonal)
The role is responsible for the execution of Canlan Classic Tournaments, including but not restricted to: registration, scheduling, operations, customer communication, on-site customer care and registration fee collection. The Tournament Coordinator will partner with others to ensure efficient operations within the division.
The Tournament Coordinator will assist with interviewing, hiring, and training of Tournament Conveners, leading them in all aspects of tournament operations and execution. The Coordinator will also provide ongoing feedback as it relates to the performance of the event delivery team.
From time to time, the Tournament Coordinator may also assist the Tournament Manager with market research, competitive analysis, website administration, and other projects.
- (Integrity) Acting honestly with integrity, being productive, co-operative, accountable, responsible, flexible and positive.
- Proven work ethic, with utmost integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Adheres to policy & regulations.
MAINTAINS PERSONAL STANDARDS:
- Being concerned with personal well being, maintains standards of dress and hygiene which align to Canlan guidelines.
- Dressed professionally as detailed in dress code policy.
ATTENDANCE, PUNCTUALITY AND TIMELINESS:
- Achieves expectations with regards to schedules and is sensitive to the timeliness needs of others.
- Adheres to posted schedule.
Knows & understands the needs of the customer (both internal & external). Puts a high priority on Customer Satisfaction.
- Listens to, and empathizes with customers.
- Clarifies customers' needs.
- Confirms customer satisfaction.
- Takes initiative with customers to actively sell products and services.
Builds positive relationships with customers and fellow staff. Is responsive in dealing
with people. Displays a solid "service attitude".
- Participates in keeping all areas of the facility neat, tidy and safe at all times.
Works within and contributes to the effectiveness of the facility / department team.
Respects differences, takes responsibility to help.
- Mentors junior staff members.
- Provides assistance with the preparation for and execution of the duties of the event delivery team.
- Provides a consistent flow of constructive feedback about on-ice officials to the Tournament Manager and Referee-in- Chief (RIC).
- Works effectively with others and independently.
- Works to cross promote other departments at all times where required.
- Has a general understanding of all other departments’ products and offerings.
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Adaptable and able to communicate positively and effectively with customers, participants and staff.
- Assist with the creation and communication of tournament playing schedules.
- Exceptional in-person customer communication and decision-making skills, confident and comfortable in one-to-one and group (dressing room) environments.
- Can confidently interpret, communicate, and enforce tournament rules as required.
- Attends all department meetings when required.
- Is up-to-date with current promotions and contests; can comfortably convey promotional messages to customers in one-to-one and group (dressing room) environments to increase awareness and participation.
- Ability to defuse emotionally charged situations and strives for win / win outcomes.
- Ability to listen effectively to all concerns and conflicts with an open mind and customer focus.
- Creates and maintains a positive and professional relationship with all stakeholders.
- Provides a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal orientated).
- Provides a high level of professionalism.
ADAPTABLE & FLEXIBLE:
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts (evenings and weekends).
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
- Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to recognize a problem or trend and taking the appropriate steps to improve the situation or problem.
- Ability to be proactive, look back at weaknesses and move forward towards improvement.
UNDERSTANDS BUSINESS GOALS, PLANS & ORGANIZES:
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Protects the integrity of the CCT Brand / Product at all times by ensuring quality of delivery through the application of established standards and processes.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Is aware of the Facility Emergency Plan.
- Reports any unsafe Health & Safety conditions.
- Is aware of location of First Aid kit and Incident Reports.
- Is "WHMIS” and "Workplace Violence" trained.
- Is trained to Level One safety standards.
- Is aware of the location of the Defibrillator and how to use it.
- Ensures a written account of important information is communicated to the Tournament Manager.
- Ensures tournament registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of current Hockey Canada (and/or USA Hockey) and applicable tournament rules.
- Strong working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of suspension guidelines and processes and is responsible for the assessment, communication and enforcement of them.
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of CCT brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services).
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL SENSITIVITY:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Knowledge of hockey rules.
- Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
- Good understanding of tournament draws.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Minimum one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
Experience in customer service and marketing preferred.
Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration field preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word).