|CORE COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Integrity) Acting honestly with integrity, being productive, co-operative, accountable, responsible, flexible and positive.
- Proven work ethic, with utmost integrity.
- Shares complete and accurate information
- Adheres to policy & regulations.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Fairly represents organizations capabilities.
- Ability to deal with large sums of money at times.
MAINTAINS PERSONAL STANDARDS:
Being concerned with personal well being, maintains standards of dress and hygiene which align to Canlan guidelines.
- Dressed professionally as detailed in dress code policy.
ATTENDANCE, PUNCTUALITY AND TIMELINESS:
Achieves expectations with regards to schedules and is sensitive to the timeliness needs of others.
- Adheres to posted schedule.
Knows & understands the needs of the customer (both internal & external). Puts a high
priority on Customer Satisfaction.
- Listens and empathizes with customers.
- Clarifies customers' needs.
- Confirms customer satisfaction.
- Takes initiative with customers to actively sell products and services.
Builds positive relationships with customers and fellow staff. Is responsive in dealing
with people. Displays a solid "service attitude".
- Participates in keeping all areas of the facility neat, tidy and safe at all times.
Works within and contributes to the effectiveness of the facility / department team. Respects differences, takes responsibility to help.
- Works effectively with others and independently.
- Assists in training of new employees.
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Adaptable and able to communicate positively and effectively with customers, participants and staff.
- Ability to defuse emotionally charged situations and strives to create win / win outcomes.
- Provides a high level of accuracy and detail.
ADAPTABLE & FLEXIBLE:
- Must be flexible to work irregular shifts (evenings and weekends).
- Willingness to assist on an as needed basis in other departments / areas (based on ability).
UNDERSTANDS BUSINESS GOALS, PLANS & ORGANIZES:
- Ability to prioritise and multi task.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Is aware of the Facility Emergency Plan.
- Is aware of location of First Aid kit and Incident Reports.
- Reports any unsafe Health & Safety conditions.
- Is "WHMIS" and "Workplace Violence" trained.
- Is aware of the location of the Defibrillator is and how to use it.
- Is trained to level one safety standards.
- Is a main point of contact in emergency situations and as such is aware of ALL emergency contact phone numbers.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL:.
- Provides service and information for walk-in customers.
- Answer incoming calls and either direct callers to the appropriate department or respond to inquiries.
- Provides receipts to customers for ice, program, league or tournament payments.
- Provides information, accept registrations, distribute schedules and results for in-house tournaments. Provide information and accept registrations for in-house programs. Updates company database.
- Takes casual/spot rental ice bookings, prepare contracts and collect and collect fees.
- Generate and distribute daily floods sheets.
- Reports repair and maintenance requirements to Ice personnel.
- Has proficient computer skills in:
- MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE
- As well a general use of office equipment (photo copier, fax machines, switchboard and sound systems).
- Acknowledges customers upon their entry into the office.
- Provides fulfillment support in the way of direct mail preparation, telemarketing and other such marketing/sales duties as required.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL SENSITIVITY:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed.