(Integrity) Acting honestly with integrity, being productive, co-operative, accountable, responsible, flexible and positive.
- Proven work ethic, with utmost integrity.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Adheres to policy & regulations.
- Ability to deal with large sums of money at times.
- Has a positive enthusiastic attitude.
MAINTAINS PERSONAL STANDARDS:
Being concerned with personal well being, maintains standards of dress and hygiene which align to Canlan guidelines.
- Dressed professionally as detailed in dress code policy.
- Adheres to the Customer Service Charter.
ATTENDANCE, PUNCTUALITY AND TIMELINESS:
Achieves expectations with regards to schedules and is sensitive to the timeliness needs of others.
- Adheres to posted schedule.
Knows & understands the needs of the customer (both internal & external). Puts a high priority on Customer Satisfaction.
- Listens and empathizes with customers.
- Clarifies customers' needs.
- Confirms customer satisfaction.
- Takes initiative with customers to actively sell products and services.
Builds positive relationships with customers and fellow staff. Is responsive in dealing with people. Displays a solid "service attitude".
- Participates in keeping all areas of the facility neat, tidy and safe at all times.
- Is well informed about current promotions and markets same to customers.
Works within and contributes to the effectiveness of the facility / department team. Respects differences, takes responsibility to help.
- Works effectively with others and independently.
- Assists in training of new employees.
- Mentors junior staff members.
- Desire to excel and succeed as a department and team.
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Adaptable and able to communicate positively and effectively with customers, participants and staff.
- Ability to defuse emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to listen effectively to all concerns and conflicts with an open mind and customer focus.
- Provides a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Willing to work to exceed expectations.
ADAPTABLE & FLEXIBLE:
- Must be flexible to work irregular shifts (evenings and weekends).
UNDERSTANDS BUSINESS GOALS, PLANS & ORGANIZES:
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Understands the impact / importance of hitting our daily / weekly sales targets.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Is aware of the Facility Emergency Plan.
- Reports any unsafe Health & Safety conditions.
- Is aware of location of First Aid kit and Incident Reports.
- Is "WHMIS" and "Workplace Violence" trained.
- Is aware of the location of the Defibrillator is and how to use it.
- Has proficient computer skills in the SQUIRREL system, handling payments, making change, handling gratuities, processing voids etc.
- Is SMART Serve (or equivalent) certified.
- Is aware of and actively promotes "specials / go with items".
- Has a developed knowledge of menu items.
- Ensures all opening / closing procedures are completed (shift dependant).
- Safe & sanitary storing of products.
- Has a developed knowledge of beverages.
- Has a developed knowledge of tableware, bar tools & equipment.
- Maintains, sets & clears tables.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL SENSITIVITY:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed.