Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it. In order to continue to build upon this success story, Canlan is dedicated to continually improving its people, its programs and its methods.
||Canlan Ice Sports Corporate
||Online Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Creative Director and working alongside the Graphic Designers and Senior Web Developer, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing and managing production, distribution and tracking of communication and marketing materials. As a key member of the corporate Marketing Team, the Online Marketing Coordinator will be integral in the development, execution and integration of all online and off-line marketing campaigns, monitoring content and promotions on all company websites. They will be responsible for the management and distribution of all email marketing communications. The marketing coordinator will work with the marketing team and brand directors to develop and manage adwords and display advertising. They will monitor search rankings and optimize content to increase site traffic, conversions and online sales. They will conduct web analytics to report on digital performance metrics.
The Online Marketing Coordinator will conduct the day to day administration duties for the Marketing Team, in particular, managing projects, invoicing, shipping, and analytical reports.
The Creative Director will provide specific direction and development for this role and its responsibilities.
Major Relationships: This role will require an individual who can quickly and comfortably learn, while having some experience in building relationships and alliances (internal and external), networking with others, further developing knowledge of industry leading online and offline marketing industry strategies, to identify opportunities for inclusion in Canlan’s overall marketing and sales strategies. The successful individual will build strategic relationships with others.
- Canlan Corporate Marketing Team & Web Development
- Facility Sales and Marketing Managers
- Brand Directors
- Program Managers
- Canlan Classic Tournament Team Marketing Coordinator
GENERAL RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with and make recommendations for online marketing trends/methods;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Canlan Ice Sports programs and services;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of market issues relevant to Canlan Ice Sports business;
- Participate in creative marketing discussions for all Canlan products and services and effectively integrate all print campaigns to web/email campaigns;
- Design bi-weekly reports which outline status of on-going projects and campaign;
- Company-wide Customer Data Base development and ongoing maintenance
- Create copy, edit and coordinate all web site updates and e-marketing campaigns and assist facilities as needed with content updates;
- Using web analytics report on digital marketing performance and provide recommendations for improvements
- Assist with e-marketing strategies and participate in development of all company websites;
- Conceptualize, write, and manage production and distribution of communication and marketing materials, including surveys, websites, e-news, success stories, campaign materials, event materials, and advertising;
- Develop and manage communications schedule;
- Process and track invoices;
- Assist with media relations for campaigns, partnership announcements and events and seek out media opportunities to profile Canlan Ice Sports;
- Develop and maintain corporate social network pages on Facebook & Twitter (and other emerging social media opportunities);
- Process, track and administer shipping and receiving for marketing department and Senior Management;
- Other duties or assist with special projects as assigned by the Creative Director.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
The expectation for candidates for this position will have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of administrative or related work experience in a sales/marketing environment, preferably in a sports and leisure industry. This individual will have completed a post-secondary degree/diploma, preferably with a marketing/business focus, or equivalent experience. The incumbent must also be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- A positive and friendly attitude;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with short deadlines;
- Some technical ability with creativity, innovation for design, development, implementation and maintenance of websites;
- Aptitude for logical thinking, problem solving, and attentiveness to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task under pressure and strong attention to detail and quality;
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork attributes; out-going and creative personality required;
- Above average creative writing skills;
- Enthusiasm for marketing, sales and advertising;
- Computer and Social Media technical skills
- Must have a solid understanding of the social media universe.
- Other desirable skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 2+ years of marketing experience developing online marketing campaigns and web strategies
- Strong administrative background and experience with a desire to learn and work in sports, recreational and leisure marketing
· Post secondary school diploma or degree (ideally in a Marketing / Business equivalent)
|Type of Employment
||Salary - Regular Full Time