Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector developer and operator of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation and entertainment industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
Canlan Ice Sports - Langley Twin Rinks is truly a unique multi-sport facility. Our facility accommodates numerous adult and youth programs, events and tournaments. Our friendly, knowledgeable and customer service oriented staff will ensure that your “Twin Rinks” experience will exceed your expectations. We have a 90,000 square foot facility with 2 NHL-sized ice rinks and The Thirsty Penguin Grillhouse (with banquet facilities).
||Canlan Ice Sports - Langley Twin Rinks
||British Columbia [BC]
To manage the administrative, human resource, and health and safety needs for facility. The Office Manager as well as being the hands on leader of the office team is also a member of the facility leadership team.
The Office Manager is the team leader responsible for the coaching, supervision and direction of the reception and administrative staff. He / she is actively involved with the daily transactions of invoicing, receipts, adjustments, vending, banking, manual cheque issuance and computer system maintenance. In addition he / she will ensure the payroll submissions & month end processes and reports (AR & AP) are completed on time.
In respect to HR and Health & Safety, the Office Manager is responsible for establishing a positive proactive relationship with employees, advising on HR & HS policies and practices; assisting with resolving issues in a timely manner. The Office Manager takes a prominent role as one of the first points of contact for new employees by partnering with Department Managers in providing new hire orientation training, documentation, and benefits information.
INFLUENCING/INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP, DEVELOPING OTHERS/COACHING MANAGING RESOURCES AND CONFLICT:
- Manages and develops staff within the department (inclusive of ongoing learning and development initiatives and related follow up / follow through).
- Recruits, selects, hires and trains staff.
- Assists facility Department Managers with the on boarding of new staff.
- Facilitates orientation process for all new employees.
- Follows up with General Manager and Dept. managers with respect to "milestones" completed on a time appropriate basis.
- Provides support and guidance to employees regarding company policy and benefits.
- Implements corrective action, using Performance Improvement Plans, and documents as required.
- Ensures all staff adhere to:
- Canlan's policies, procedures and best practices.
- Reporting systems.
- Job expectations.
- Conducts and manages reviews in-line with policy, and establishing effective, measurable goals and objectives.
- Facilitates regular departmental meetings.
BUSINESS GOALS, ONGOING PLANNING AND WORK MANAGEMENT:
Provide Strategy and Planning Leadership
- Aligns department priorities to Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ensures that departmental priorities are aligned to and that the department team support:
- The Canlan Mission, Vision and Culture Statements.
- The Customer Service Charter.
- Corporate priorities.
- Supports Senior Management with developing and implementing the overall strategic plan.
- Ensures consistent delivery of Canlan's products and services to established standards using standard operating procedures.
- Ensures facility / dept. regular reporting (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly) is done on time.
- Communicates goals, objectives and expectations to facility staff and monitors performance against them on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates and share best practices with other Corporate Managers and/or Directors.
TEAM (EFFECTIVE WORK GROUP) DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS/RELATIONSHIP:
- Ensures that all departmental staff adhere to the Customer Service Charter.
- Helps to ensure the facility is being maintained to exceed levels as defined in the facility audit.
- Ensures department staff is optimally scheduled to create positive customer service experience.
- Troubleshoots customer service issues, as required.
Provide Health and Safety Leadership:
- Ensures Health and Safety Standards are met by all staff.
- Chairs facility and safety committee.
- Ensures a safe working environment and a safe customer environment for the facility as detailed in the Risk Management checklist.
- Ensures all department staff are trained on the Facility Emergency Plan and know what to do in case of an emergency.
DECISION MAKING AND RESULTS:
Manage Financial Accountability and Administrative Requirements:
- Assists in the development of the Administration Department’s Annual Operating Plan and responsible for its implementation, delivery and achievement.
- Manages payroll.
- Povides facility financial forecasts (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly and a 3-month rolling format).
- Together with Department Managers ensures the Accounts Receivable process is managed.
- Prepares and balances floats (tills, petty cash and safes) as required.
- Monitors expenses using the Expense Management System or approve alternate (e.g. Optimum Control).
- Ensures control systems are in place for cash and inventory.
- Ensures expenses are aligned with the goals in the AOP
STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS AND MANAGING CONFLICTS:
Manage Stakeholder Relationships:
- Ensures effective communication and working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Resolves conflicts between stakeholders, where / when required.
SALES ABILITY, PERSUASIVENESS AND FOLLOW-UP:
- Assists in the development and delivery of initiatives in 3rd party tournament planning and support.
ENERGY & ENVIROMENTAL MANAGEMENT:
- Ensures consideration for best practices in energy use management and environmental impact are employed in all projects.
- A minimum of three years experience in office management, within a sports facility.
- Demonstrated staff leadership experience and skills.
- Strong, proven hands on computer system skills.
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Recreation, Facility Management or a combination of experience and education.
- No less than three years total hands on full time business experience.
|Type of Employment
||Salary - Regular Full Time