Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
The Canexus plant in Brandon, Manitoba is a well-established Sodium Chlorate production facility with over 50 years of successful operating history. It is the largest sodium chlorate plant in the world and the lowest-cost sodium chlorate plant in North America. Canexus Brandon is currently seeking:
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
As the successful candidate you will be a key member of the Brandon Leadership Team providing process engineering guidance and support to the plant. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will act as the technical resource to the production department and manage the Process Safety Management and CIP programs. You will also work closely with the Corporate Technology and Engineering department to support them in their initiatives.
- Lead the Brandon process engineering group to ensure consistency of practices and optimized knowledge sharing.
- Provide leadership in mentoring, coaching, and development of direct reports.
- Provide technical assistance in the identification, assessment, approval and implementation of significant process improvements, plant expansions and technical innovations at the facility.
- Identify, quantify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and implement opportunities to optimize production, reduce operating and maintenance costs, and improve plant capacity, reliability, availability and maintainability, while also ensuring excellent safety and environmental performance.
- Provide leadership and detailed process engineering support to both day-to-day operations and to small and large capital projects.
- Develop and coordinate delivery of practical technical/process training programs to plant personnel.
- Trouble shoot difficult operating problems and monitor process for day-to-day optimization opportunities and implement solutions.
- Conduct hazard reviews, manage the MOC process and coordinate plant Process Safety Management system.
- Assume overall project responsibility on assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 8 or more years' engineering experience in a continuous chemical process environment, experience in electrochemical and/or inorganic processing preferred/would be an asset.
- Experience with unit operations such as chemical treatment, filtration, ion exchange, electrolytic cells, crystallization and solids conveying systems.
- Working knowledge of Process Safety Management elements.
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project planning skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and MS Project, experience with Process Information Management Systems desirable.
- Fluent in English, multilingual skills would be an asset (French, Portuguese, and Spanish).
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca