||Network & Telecommunications Analyst
Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
NETWORK & TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST
- Manage all network components including design, install/build, configuration, test, and maintain.
- Resolve issues reported by end users for local and wide area networks, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.).
- Provide answers to complex questions related to these systems.
- Monitor the performance of the network; trouble shot and if needed report problems to the appropriate individuals or vendors.
- Research and plan network and telephone system replacements and upgrades.
- Maintain documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
- Establishes and maintains contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
- Help provide support for the following systems:
- Phones (Desk and Mobile) and other mobile devices
- Internet access and Internet site permissions
- Networking at and between all Canexus sites
- Firewall requests, issues and questions
- Manage mobile communications.
- Work with infrastructure teams (Microsoft, Unix, etc.) to help maintain data flow.
- 3-5 Years network experience in managing local and Wide area networks.
- Strong Cisco knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN products.
- Experience of IP telephone systems.
- Ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions.
- Ability to convey complex information to others in training situations.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to help others in a complex technical work environment.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and computer-related problems.
- Ability to teach and to learn.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca