Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry from our terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta.
||Senior Transload Operator (Unit Train)
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
SENIOR TRANSLOAD OPERATOR (UNIT TRAIN)
- Provide day-to-day safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of the Unit Train Terminal.
- Learn and progress through all operating positions within the Operations department.
- Conduct rail movements of both empty and loaded rail cars.
- Prepare and load Unit Trains using fixed loading equipment and control panels.
- General light mechanical maintenance, as well as cleaning, housekeeping and snow removal
- Montior, troubleshoot and follow-up on process issues.
- Maintain accurate terminal documentation including a shift log, reports, rail movement tracksheets, etc.
- Environmental and regulatory reporting as needed
- Complete safety and environmental inspections and report deficiencies as needed.
- Work co-operatively and communicate effectively with others in the production facility.
- Completion of pre and post offloading checklists.
- Sampling and storage of Hydro-carbon tanks and railcars.
- Housekeeping inside and out
- Handle problems as they arise and initate steps to resolution
- Commit to safework practices through situational awarness, following standard operating procedures
- Capable to learn how to operate vatious transloading equipmant (eg: Air comp, Boiler system, Transfer pump systems)
- Work with Operations Supervisor to reach facility goals
- Mentor co-workers in job specific and function-specific tasks and duties
- Partner with maintenance team to ensure facility operates smoothly
- May complete otheruties as required.
- Experience operating in an industrial setting is desired.
- ABB (Bailey) DCS experience would be definite assets.
- 4th class Power Engineering certification is desired.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, goal oriented and a team player.
- Able to work independently and without close supervision.
- Must practice good Industrial hygiene
- Work within a self relieving crew
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca